GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
+132
syspig
guzziownr
Bill Dee
GuzziSteve
iminspaaace
Buellbloke
drawnverybadly
TheMuffinMan
mikebr
LDD
knumbnutz
BobW981
Charles
SMTCapeCod
lcjohnny
Joeker80
alanlemansiv
Edown101-23
gertler
zeke81
Ulf
rick pope
Groovitz
Robinson_Spike
odder
Axael
Stubbie
Utesch
Ditchfinder
wrinkley
Griso Tom
Leone
PunkScout
WhiteGC
vee2win
saganIsMyHomeboy
melonman
kiwi dave
Paggers
hezovka
janguzzi
sideshowbob
Weißgerät
Sollep
jlburgess
BB43215
Nobleswood
beetle
MrGPz
RIKBRIANT
GuZeee
svru
davem
eeyore
Street
sidrat
paulbrice
oediehl
charliebigonions
EricS
2highlander
petarzil
DangWangi
wardentm
Brent S
Guzzi Cat
barton
Daves-i-Know
Lemppari
ultra
FreshEgg
Hacky
LBC Tenni
bradbusa
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
keenerkeen07
Charlie J
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
MalG
tarsky68
jexmatex
supercoyote
Cantaloop
jomartijr
kmac33
roam
joshct
AOAM
Grade247
Chronic
JestersInc
Josh.C
rickmain
damoru
bikesnbones
ronbo10
Overholt13
Triman023
Caedmon
Midlifecrisis
enghira
austin_22
little750
bioman
grisorosso
J1anno
tocino
spozzy
Mr Griso
mark111
Birch
msestak
Canyon Carver
Ad B
swagzz
wardest
WCB
Guzziboy66
Phang
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
Landman
Pete Roper
NorthBayGriso
wittangamo
Grisonut
Oca
Steak
Uzidzit
136 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Steak
Godfather
Steak

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:58 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Oh yes. You can kiss goodbye to luggage! Very Happy

Thing is when I tour nowadays on the GRiSO I'm always travelling light. The trip I did in 2010 on Pinko up the West Coast of the US with Chuck I carried everything I needed, plus Navigator and a laptop, in a tail bag and the 'Big' Guzzi tank bag.

If I want to carry more junk I take the Mana which has enough luggage space to carry bound volumes of every edition of Hansard since federation!

Pete

You might be able to get away with a Ventura luggage system after mounting those cans...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Landman
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Landman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:54 am

Aside from the cost I would seriously consider the twin cans, except I don't like the looks of the new tail, it just seems to square and doesn't have the right line. The search continues...
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:26 am

My "good friend" Sean sent me a link to that sidecar a few weeks ago but I am unable to upload pics
(yes Steak, I checked my settings you mentioned. they are correct but still no go)
I really wanted to post the sidecar after I mentioned the idea of putting fishtails on a GRiSO.
I bet they would mount up just like the pair of mufflers above.
No more luggage.

But they would be UGLY.

DM
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:45 am

Pete Roper wrote:
And then there is this.......

Which I adore!

Pete

Man, will you stop!!
I was looking at that as well (the Bose system if it's the one in the picture) but it ain't cheap and negates saddle bags... Sad 
The BEST looking system by far!!
The right side pipe from Todd's was good looking too I agree
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:50 am

ZARD Customizable slip-on exhaust

The ZARD is interesting because they have multiple configuration options to suit your taste.  Here is link to the ZARD website describing all of the options available.  While I have never seen a GRiSO here in the Seattle area with a ZARD exhaust, I was admittedly interested in trying one out before I bought the ARROW exhaust.

US Vendors wrote:
BELLISSIMOTO:
e-Mail: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.];  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Phone: 702-285-1101
Fax: 402-964-2583
Address: 6520 Whitehorse Rd., Greenville, SC 29611 - USA

EUROCORSA PERFORMANCE
WEB: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
E-Mail : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Phone : 001 416 2923913
Fax : 001 416 2924063
Address : NO. 850 TAPSCOTT ROAD UNIT 27 SCARBOROUGH ONTARIO M1X 1N4 - CANADA

GUZZITECH, LLC  TODD EAGAN  
400, COSTA DEL SOL WAY 90265 MALIBU – USA
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They are also readily available on eBay:  GRiSO + ZARD search

Phang's GRiSO:

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

daniel_pww likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:57 am

Mark S. Has one of those on his 1200. Runs it with the dB killer and Beetle's map. Seems to be satisfactory. Mind you he rode to Western Australia from the East Coast last year and his bike was faultless so obviously its a bit of shit! ;D

Pete
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:54 am

My G8VSE is a MY2009 model with A5 engine.

The ZARD on my bike is a street legal model with CAT and dB killer and it didn't run right with the stock fueling, lots of misfiring and abrupt respond at small throttle openings until Pete helped me to load the 68S map.

The satin black ceramic coating holds up extremely well after 4 years / 14,500km (9,000 miles). It looks as new as it came out from the box 4 years ago, no scratches, no discolouration or other paint defects.

If termignoni has a black version, I may consider it as I wanted a black muffler for my GRiSO SE. Other than that, I am very happy with the ZARD.
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:49 am

What about Agostini Mandelo?

Available in the US from Matthews Fun Machines

They don't show everything available from Agostini, but theoretically they should be able to get anything available from the Agostini Mother Ship

I'm kind of fond of this one:

Eric
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:06 pm

That's pretty sexy. I like it.
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 12, 2014 6:48 am

The muffler above is available in Australia. Its even on the Moto Guzzi au web site as an option.
MOTO GUZZI OZ LINK
Does anyone know how it performs? Flat spots etc Does it work with the maps created by the geniuses on this site?

I asked the service guys about after market pipes on the GRiSO. I was told " the 2012 and on have a smart ECU that adjusts to the new pipe?  Is there any truth to this or do the later models have a better factory map? I have my doubts

How loud is the Agostini pipe? . I have heard the Termi pipe and in built up areas, and apartments I can't see you making to many friends with that fitted especially on a 5 am shift start.

Last edited by wardest on Mon May 12, 2014 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 12, 2014 7:09 am

Give me a call tomorrow and I'll talk you through it. I also won't try and sell you anything. I can supply but you can buy from whoever you like.

0417 462 440

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 12, 2014 8:15 am

wardest wrote:

Does anyone know how it performs? Flat spots etc Does it work with the maps created by the geniuses on this site?

If it has a catcon and a dB killer it will work. Even if it doesn't, I reckon I can make it work.

Quote :

I asked the service guys about after market pipes on the GRiSO. I was told " the 2012 and on have a smart ECU that adjusts to the new pipe?  Is there any truth to this or do the later models have a better factory map? I have my doubts

Hmm. The short is answer is: 'Sort of', and 'no'.

All Grisos have the Marelli 5AM ECU. Even the prehistoric Grisos made prior to 2012 have it. Yes, even the ancient 1100.  The ECU does have a limited trim function that can update the map with a new or different pipe, but it can't cope with radical changes (due to narrowband sensor and other factors). The trim table is volatile and will reset if power is disconnected from the ECU.

The factory map is the same since 2010 I believe.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Yup, last change to the mapping was the GRS8V-03 in 2010. Its OK but you wouldn't want to take it home to meet your mum.

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 12, 2014 9:49 pm

Pete,  Mark.
Thanks for the prompt input. Fantastic stuff.
I had looked over the Illustrated parts list for the bike and could not see any change or alternate part number for the ECU, albeit the IPC is a down load so not sure how accurate.  
I am keen to make my bike look and sound better, with so much choice and the prices of Pipes in OZ it's a decision I want to get right. Plus I have to do about 30 - 40 mins city riding to even see an open road, losing low and mid range power is not an option.

I guess its the wrong thread for this question. Is there an option of a wide band (after market) sensor to fit to allow the ECU to trim or is the ECU just not "smart" enough?

With that said ..

I have read everything I can re tuning etc on GRiSO Ghetto. Have ordered USB OBD leads and have an old laptop ready to go.  

Pete Will be in contact today.

Mike

Last edited by wardest on Tue May 13, 2014 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 12, 2014 10:06 pm

wardest wrote:

I guess its the wrong thread for this question. Is there an option of a wide band (after market) sensor to fit to allow the ECU to trim or is the ECU just not "smart" enough?

The ECU is more than capable, it's just not programmed (nor wired) to do it. We can turn the lambda trim function on/off, but we can't modify what the ECU does with it. So we switch it off and modify the map instead.

There are ways to use a wideband sensor with the ECU, but it requires one of them Power Commander thingies (boo! hiss!) or equivalent black box of doom.  Suspect 

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 1:10 am

Mark and I are unimpressed with PC's on bikes that use the W5AM. From what I'm hearing the Rexxer system seems to mimic some of the problems we've observed with the PC. Having said that lots of people are very happy with them even though they seem to all get lousy fuel economy! Go figure???

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 2:07 am

Pete Mark
Thanks for the feedback

I have been on the Agostini mandello site

Has anyone with deep pockets tried the Agostini cross-over (collector pipe)  ?
From what I have read this wont fix the different length primaries?
Cross over pipe

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 2:33 am

No it won't. Neither will it help the fuelling. As I've explained before a certain amount of physical resistance is necessary in the pipe. Each 90* bend is equivalent to a meter of pipe length. There is a reason Grisos have that loop in the mating piece under the gearbox. It isn't just there to hold the O2 sensor.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 13, 2014 3:23 am

It's pretty but it won't solve the poxy stock mapping issue. If you used one you would need a can with extra pipe like the Mistral Hi-Pipe and be sure to use the dB killer. You might get away with that, but I aint betting the farm.

The assymetrical headers are a thundering nuisance as far as fueling is concerned, but if you were to go symmetrical you would need to move the oil cooler, and I loves me oil cooler where 'tis.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Mwahahahahaha!

It's mine!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 19, 2014 1:13 am

Don't lick it! It spoils the finish......
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 19, 2014 9:46 pm

beetle wrote:
Mwahahahahaha!

It's mine!

Looking forward to seeing the pics of this pipe fitted...
Back to top Go down
swagzz
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
swagzz

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 20, 2014 6:18 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Don't lick it! It spoils the finish......

speaking from experience Pete ?  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 21, 2014 3:36 am

Here 'tis. Noice!

..and it's teeny dB killer..

I had to make a slight bend in my Spaceclam blinker bracket. The can was touching him blinker. Could have been a bit melty!

I love you

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 21, 2014 9:13 am

Not if you're going fast enough it isn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 2 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next