12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:55 pm

Glad you're happy.
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:22 am

Shortened stock breva exhaust.
Gutted the baffles but will replace with db killer.
No wonder they sound like a sewing machine the baffling inside is intricate to say the least.
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
wrinkley
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
wrinkley

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:08 am

Morning folks, I currently have a 2006 1100 with a Termingnoni end pipe. I just done a private exchange deal for a 1200se with the standard pipe plus a brand new Arrow. Do I offer to let him keep the brand new Arrow pipe and fit the Termingnoni to my new 1200 or just fit the Arrow to the new bike.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:18 am

I'm not a fan of the Termi, so I say "Arrow".

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Ditchfinder
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Ditchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:29 am

So I have this slip-on on my 1100 https://www.massmoto.it/prodotto/tromb-titan-moto-guzzi-GRiSO/

At present the db killer is out but will be going back in once the rain sets in as I can't stop riding the thing whilst the sun is out!

I've got nothing to compare it to except previous bikes and to the fuelling seems OK above 2,500 rpm and it doesn't seem obnoxiously loud to me - I may already be prematurely deaf though as I never hear a thing the wife tells me.

If the db killer goes back in (and once clearances checked and TB's balanced) will a Beetle map still be a big improvement or am I not likely to notice a difference unless I'm wringing it's neck everywhere?
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:21 am

Hi
In my opinion the beetle map makes a day and night difference.
I put one on my 1100 breva and cant fault it.
Power delivery is better fuel econ is better and low end town riding is massively improved 👍👍👍👍
Go for it
Back to top Go down
Ditchfinder
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Ditchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 am

Cheers, managed 50mpg (170 miles on 15 litres) on B-road run with a bit of town traffic - is it likely to get better than that?
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:41 am

I would say thats good going.
Not sure what my breva gives.last time i checked was on a 1800 miles europe trip and i averaged 45 mpg
That was fully loaded panniers etc and i weigh 95kg.the bike performed perfectly in temps upto 35 degrees.
Big grins in the black forest so much smoother torque curve.
Love it.
Back to top Go down
Ditchfinder
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Ditchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:48 am

Maybe I ride like a Doris then! Right off to buy some cables then
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:55 am

To be honest im no speed junkie.
If i had lost a few mpg by installing the map i would still keep it on.it made my bike the bike it should of been when new.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:14 am

beetle wrote:
austin_22 wrote:

Beetle, I will try the power reset tomorrow. I have no idea why that would work, but hey, I'm game.

If you have a stock map, the ECU trims the fuel below 4000 RPM. It takes a long time to get to a point where it stops trimming. If you change the exhaust, the AFR is affected, and therefore the performance, because the trims suit the previous pipe. So the ECU starts trimming again. Removing the power from the ECU resets the trims back to zero, so you have a better baseline. Clear as mud?

Hey beetle, I will be swapping out the stock exhaust for a new one very soon. Should I wait to reset the trim until I have ridden the bike to see how it reacts or is it always better to reset the trim prior to riding with the new can? Any other thoughts you might have that I should consider would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:53 am

You're running one of my maps, so there is no trimming happening. Lambda is deactivated.

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:34 am

Thanks much!
Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: