GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:58 am

Axael wrote:

The pretzel midpipe is the part which is doing some "S" curve on the stock exhaust, right? Thanks for the advice, I didn't know that was so important.

That's it. You lose all your low and midrange torque if you remove it.

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Axael
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Axael

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:43 am

Many thanks for the info. I thought I already read that in this topic, but I didn't remember it. Nice of you to remind it to me before ordering anything :p

So, still in the game for me:
- the simple Agostini Conical exhaust (for the profundo basso)
- the Termignoni which I guess isn't bad
- the Arrow which seems fine as well

@Beetle: the simple conical Agostini is the one you call "Megaphone" on the GRiSO.org maps?

Any other recommandations?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:14 am

My 2¢...forget the Termi.

As for the Agostini, the answer is "yes".

Back to top Go down
Axael
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Axael

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:18 am

Short and clear answer, thanks!

I'll ask the price for the Agostini. I'm already a customer knowing I bought their exhausts for my MGX, si maybe I can have a bit of a discount.
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:31 am

Been running Ago Xblack, works well and had it mapped. Ago comes with removable cat and db killer
Don’t find it too loud. Weight is much less than the stock trombone.
Had the ago midpipe/pretzel but removed it long ago. Midrange torque is better and suits the GRiSO personality
Back to top Go down
Axael
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Axael

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:38 am

Well just received an answer from Agostini. They're offering me the stainless steel conical exhaust for 500 euros tax and shipping included. That's a fair deal, so I think I'll get that one.

When you say you "had it mapped", I guess you mean the motorcycle itself, as you'd do with the GRiSO.org maps?
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:05 pm

Seams like a good deal. Yes I had someone map my bike since I don’t have guzzidiag cables yet. Beetle Probably has a good one or place to start
Back to top Go down
Robinson_Spike
Carlotto
Carlotto
Robinson_Spike

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:43 pm

For what it’s worth I found that the CAT had become loose in my Termignioni so I removed it - crikey what a massive improvement in bottom and mid range.
Back to top Go down
Groovitz
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Groovitz

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:30 am

I have noticed that some of these exhaust silencers / mufflers, especially the underbody shorties are little more than just spark arresters. They cannot possibly supply any back pressure to an engine that was designed to run with at least a little bit. My fear in switching over to one of these is the possibility of sucking some cold air back up the very short distance to an exhaust valve on scavenge, and the havoc that may result from that! Am I over thinking any of this?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:40 am

Apart from the fact that there is no such thing as 'Back pressure' no.

The head design and cam timing, especially on the 8V, do not favour a short pipe. They may look 'Cool' but they will gut the bottom end and midrange even with a suitable map. The exhaust harmonics are all wrong with a short pipe and the bike will run like a mad woman's shit.
Back to top Go down
Groovitz
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Groovitz

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:10 pm

Thanks Pete Roper for clearing that up and offering additional facts on shorty pipe performance. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:40 pm

Groovitz wrote:
Thanks Pete Roper for clearing that up and offering additional facts on shorty pipe performance. Very Happy

He doesn't call a "spade a spade", he calls it a fucking shovel. And we'd have it no other way.
Back to top Go down
Leone
Carlotto
Carlotto
Leone

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:03 am

I just went for a ride with the Arrow, swapped directly from the esteemed Mistral hi-pipe... Shocked

My experience corroborates what's already been noted here repeatedly: the Mistral with dBk (and corresponding beetle map) provides the strongest low -> mid RPM acceleration. Removing the dBk (and changing the map) results in a noticeable loss of performance down low, but (much) greater thrills when you whack open the throttle above 5k RPM. I also felt a bit more vibration without the dBk (which seems understandable).

I'm actually shocked by how dissimilar these two setups are, it's a completely different bike switching from one to the other.

The Arrow performs similarly to the Mistral sans dBk. However, I *really* like the Arrow's noise vs the Mistral: a nice throaty growl between 3 and 4k RPM, the sound is very slightly louder and subjectively more pleasing, yet it's quiet while cruising--no obnoxious, farty drone like the Mistral sans dBk, which sounds a bit like my dad's '87 Honda Shadow with gutted factory mufflers...  Embarassed

So far I'm thrilled with the sound, hopefully I'll acclimate positively to the performance changes with more miles. flower
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:18 am

Thinking exhausts one must remember we are dealing with impedance and definitely not back pressure - please keep the terminology right, or better, or not back pressure at least. Shut up Tony.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:24 am

Yes. Shut up.

No such thing as back pressure. Please use the term "reflected pressure wave".

And use your dB killer.

Back to top Go down
Ulf
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Ulf

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:31 am

I run the Mistral High Pipe in titanium finish, Beetle Map and the stock dB killer in, but i drilled out the smaller end hole to 8 mm equal to the holes on the sides. Sounds awesome and fueling is excellent! The Stelvio setup looks pretty identical to the BOS 2-1 SS system i had on my dear old Sporti, and the oil cooler in front. I love the way the GRiSO looks with the oil cooler on the side but then you see an 850 GRiSO and then the engine just looks so clean... life is complicated...
Back to top Go down
zeke81
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
zeke81

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:51 pm

I have a 2017 GRiSO with an Arrow exhaust that is too loud for me. Suggestions on how to quiet the sound?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:31 pm

Does it have a dB killer? If not, get one. If yes, aftermarket dB killers can be found on eBay and other online retailers. You might be able to find one that has less or smaller holes.

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 19 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: