GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Barkbuster Storm handguards

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Barkbuster Storm handguards Empty
PostSubject: Barkbuster Storm handguards   Barkbuster Storm handguards Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:47 pm

As said in another part of the fine site, I recently installed some Barkbusters on "Black Betty". After the wee bit of rain of the past week or so, today I tested them out. Temp were ranging from 9-11 degrees C. Needed adjustment to stop the tops of my hands getting cooled by the breeze, but all in all a good purchase.

My index finger on the left hand has good old uncle Arthur in it, and this does not hurt anywhere near as it used to. As Pete says, ... chicken dinner.

Highly recommended - now just got to pull my finger out and get the running lights and blinkers installed on them.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Barkbuster Storm handguards   Barkbuster Storm handguards Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:39 pm

Do you think they would reduce the need for heated gloves? I've got a set of Stevio guards, but fitting them has vexed I, because of the radial m/c's.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: Barkbuster Storm handguards   Barkbuster Storm handguards Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:48 pm

Remain unvexed. Extra geegaws?
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Barkbuster Storm handguards   Barkbuster Storm handguards Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:49 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
As said in another part of the fine site, I recently installed some Barkbusters on "Black Betty". After the wee bit of rain of the past week or so, today I tested them out. Temp were ranging from 9-11 degrees C. Needed adjustment to stop the tops of my hands getting cooled by the breeze, but all in all a good purchase.

My index finger on the left hand has good old uncle Arthur in it, and this does not hurt anywhere near as it used to. As Pete says, ... chicken dinner.

Highly recommended - now just got to pull my finger out and get the running lights and blinkers installed on them.

Cool.

I have the Stelvio version on mine.  Even mounted my conspicuity lights on them recently.

Originally installed those during my exile to the tundra at Rock Island, with the hope that I could, along with heated grips, eke out an extra week or so of riding when the temps dropped.

That worked so well, along with the extra protection from rain (at least while moving!  Rolling Eyes ), that I have kept them on even tho Kathi says they are ugly.  Wimmen  Razz

So, as beetle is wont to say (but, oddly, didn’t), "pix?"  cheers

beetle wrote:
Do you think they would reduce the need for heated gloves? I've got a set of Stevio guards, but fitting them has vexed I, because of the radial m/c's.

I have, but rarely use, heated gloves on the GRiSO.  With heated grips and guards, less need.  There are, however, days that … well, mebbe we should take the cage. Yes, I am a wuss.  Wink

Do not understand "radial m/c’s.”   scratch

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Barkbuster Storm handguards   Barkbuster Storm handguards Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Radial master cylinders, Bill. I have them for both brake and clutch. No mirror mounts on either to attach guards too.

I agree with Kathi. There as ugly as a hat full of farty arseholes. But I likes me hands warms.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Barkbuster Storm handguards   Barkbuster Storm handguards Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:26 pm

heated gloves can probably be done without providing the temperatures are north of 0 C or 32 F 0 below that, not sure I want to ride but having warm hands/fingers would be a must from my perspective.

pictures here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Barkbuster Storm handguards   Barkbuster Storm handguards Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:15 am

I have some fleabay cheepo hand guards on mine, they are a bit smaller than the barkbuster ones, but they do seem to deflect most of the rain, a good quantity of the frozen breeze, and almost all the spring bugs!
But when the temps drop below +3℃, on go the electric liners I'm afraid.
I'd take the cage and race Bill, but The Beautiful Wife bogarts the keys....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barkbuster Storm handguards   Barkbuster Storm handguards Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Barkbuster Storm handguards
Page 1 of 1