GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tyre test Italian v German

Go down 
+8
keenerkeen07
Papa Lazarou
nev
sidrat
waterbottle
Ralf z
Charlie J
boxerscott
12 posters
AuthorMessage
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

Tyre test  Italian v German Empty
PostSubject: Tyre test Italian v German   Tyre test  Italian v German Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:28 am

My recent Pirelli did not stand up as well as my Continental. It tended to delaminate and suffer rim fatigue. Ok I must admit I am bloody fast and push the front to the limit even to the point of spinning the tyre on the rim. I am wondering if this is the cause of  my gradual deflation.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: Tyre test Italian v German   Tyre test  Italian v German Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:02 am

Did they fit your tyres 90 degrees out?
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Tyre test Italian v German   Tyre test  Italian v German Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:11 am

Under inflation normally rips the beads up.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Tyre test Italian v German   Tyre test  Italian v German Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:03 am

Fuck, did Michael Dunlop do a lap on your GRiSO ?
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Tyre test Italian v German   Tyre test  Italian v German Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:18 pm

looking at the edge of your tyre, it was either under inflated or you must be having ground clearance problems if you are pushing the GRiSO that hard. It is capable of it, but the pegs go down when you get to the edge of the rear tyre on one side and the sidestand on the other, without troubling the edge of the front tyre.

That looks like a knackered tyre, or was damaged when it was fitted
Back to top Go down
nev
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
nev

PostSubject: Re: Tyre test Italian v German   Tyre test  Italian v German Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:37 pm

just to my uneducated, untrained eye it looks like damage from using tyre levers to get the tyre on or off .

nev
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: Tyre test Italian v German   Tyre test  Italian v German Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:01 pm

jocolor  Sorry guys, that was utter bullshit I wrote about spinning up and pushing the front to the limit, however I am fast, I can vanish in an instant when it is my shout at the bar. The verdict is pasta over sauerkraut any day of the week.

Such a great night in the Scottish Borders yesterday evening and woke up to an even more glorious day as the rank and file gave the money men a good kicking in the referendum. We are now going to build a fook off big wall and Win Bigly.

Pasta on my drive yesterday evening.

Chris.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Tyre test Italian v German   Tyre test  Italian v German Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:35 pm

Brexit=utter stupidity. The money men are loving it.

Interested in knowing your thoughts-or anyone else's are-on PR4 and OEM Metzelers.
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: Tyre test Italian v German   Tyre test  Italian v German Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:01 am

My thoughts on tyres are quite simple buy the best value for money ones you can get your hands on and fit them yourself. Fitting the latest offerings means you pay a premium and it aint going to make you a better rider. Never had PR4 or the OEM Metz. I can only say whatever tyre I have had on a sports touring bike has squared off with loads of tread left with the tours we do. My sports bike tyres do not square off, remain super sticky down to minimum tread indicators but are as much use as a pair of tits on a bull in the wet if you get caught out. Buy Maxxis and fit yourself. Great value for money. My dog will eat any tyre even taking a fancy to inflated ones on a rim. Sad
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Tyre test Italian v German   Tyre test  Italian v German Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:17 am

Papa Lazarou wrote:
Brexit=utter stupidity. The money men are loving it.

Interested in knowing your thoughts-or anyone else's are-on PR4 and OEM Metzelers.
 I have  the PR4 , dont know about the Metzelers...
The PR4 are great for me  and I have them on all my bikes  with the GT versions on the Multistrada...which i use for sport touring mileage seems to be pretty good but more over the performance is confident inspiring and in the wet they work very well indeed
 IMO cheap tires are ....cheap tires and the different shows in your abilities..
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: Tyre test Italian v German   Tyre test  Italian v German Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:17 am

Personally I like the OEM Metzelers. Never had a grip issue yet although I haven't done a lot of wet weather kms. 8,200 km and still tearing it up Macquarie Pass today heading for the pie and coffee shop at Robertson. I estimate another 2.5 to 3k km to go.
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Tyre test Italian v German   Tyre test  Italian v German Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:35 am

In my opinion the difference between the OEM Metzlers and PR4s is night and day!
I had PR4s on my LeMans prior to getting my GRiSO and I couldn't wait to change out the stock tires.
I have run Metzler tires in the past on other bikes with good results, but the model on that comes stock on the GRiSO is trash by comparison.
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: Tyre test Italian v German   Tyre test  Italian v German Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:36 am

Switched out the stock Mtzrs for a set of Pirelli Angel GT's and I couldn't be happier.
Changed the handling completely. Anyone who is wondering what to change first on the GRiSO,
I'd put the tires in the top three.
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: Tyre test Italian v German   Tyre test  Italian v German Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:23 am

PR4's are great but I have also had great wear and performance from Metzler Roadtec Z8's maybe not quite as good as the PR4 in the wet but not far off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyre test Italian v German   Tyre test  Italian v German Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tyre test Italian v German
Page 1 of 1