GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Marchesini Wheels

Go down 
+8
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
Oz1200Guzzi
FreshEgg
pauldaytona
wardest
whitmire
waterbottle
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:17 pm

Now that I've figured out how to wheel my GRiSO around a corner, the quest for some more of everything is on Rolling Eyes
Does anyone know where I might obtain a set of Marchenisi Wheels to suit the GRiSO ??????
$ can be discussed , I realise they probably won't come cheap. The finder will be rewarded with a Hearty - Hi Ho and a pat on the back, or bottles of their Favorite tonic Laughing
And No..... The budget does not allow for BST wheels , sorry Ghezzi
Back to top Go down

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:25 pm

Nyah, nyah, nyah nyah,nyah.
Ya not gettin any.

Front wheel off any 916 to 999 'S' or 'R' model duck will most likely be a forged magnesium wheel with the same disc mount/offset specs as the GRiSO. Measure twice, buy once.

Rear wheel off a BMW 1100/1150 has the same 4 bolt pattern as CARC Guzzi, centre alignment is only off by 0.030". Two problems though.
1. Disc mount, and therefore speedo sensor system will need to be fabricated.
2. I never found a lightweight alternative to the stock BMW wheel.

Later BMW's have magnesium wheels, with a 5 bolt pattern.

What would a custom made crown wheel cost? jocolor
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:25 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Nyah, nyah, nyah nyah,nyah.
Ya not gettin any.
I'm getting enough to get by on  Cool
Back to top Go down

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:00 am

Hey Ron, is this what you want?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
whitmire
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
whitmire

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:58 am

Now that is exactly what I had visualized wheel & adapter wise.
Most excellent.
Any information available?
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:40 pm

What a thing of beauty. Do you Know what brand the wheels are ?  That's a Ducati rear wheel mount right ?
It would be nice if the wheels and mount are "off the shelf" available items
Back to top Go down

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:50 pm

I found it on Pinterest ................. linked to some (Dutch ?) bike shop that does lots of customizing.
If you contact Rossopuro you'll most likely find it is one of their designs, they will take any Ducati wheel from the 1098 to Panigale.

From memory scratch their hub was Euro 700, or ......................... 1700???? scratch
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:00 pm

I priced a set of similar wheels from Ipothesys, about $4700 plus freight, I don't think that included the rear wheel drive adapter
Back to top Go down

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:02 am

Problem solvered!
Any style of wheel you want, any size you want in forged magnesium.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

AUD$4429 a pair. Local supplier.

Cheaper option;
If you chose a 2nd hand front wheel off a Ducati 1098S/R, then purchased a matching rear for the GRiSO, they will machine the hub to be a direct bolt on. No adapters required.
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:49 am

The guy who rides that bike is Nicola Maccaferro. You can find him on FB and it helps if you speak Italiano
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:54 pm

wardest wrote:
The guy who rides that bike is Nicola Maccaferro. You can find him on FB and it helps if you speak Italiano
Thanks Wardy, I don't understand Italian or do Bookface Rolling Eyes But if you could ask Nicola to join the Ghetto via facebook we might Glean some useful info from him cheers
Back to top Go down

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:12 pm

I've sent an email to sportsbike.com.au regarding their PVM wheels for ................. GRiSO.?
Keep you posted.
Back to top Go down

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:36 am

Got a reply from Phillip Chain (hope that's not a bad omen), he's looking into it.
Back to top Go down

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:47 pm

DAS Mototech [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] -

According to Phil, these guys are in cahoots with PVM for Guzzi wheels????????
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:42 am

I was saturday at the DAS Mototech shop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
FreshEgg
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FreshEgg

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:17 pm

ghezzi wrote:
DAS Mototech [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] -

According to Phil, these guys are in cahoots with PVM for Guzzi wheels????????

Forged alu wheels definitely on the bucket list!

Their webshop indicates 19% VAT. Does anyone know if foreign orders are excused from this?

Thanks!
JL
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:58 pm

Foreigners do not pay VAT. Though import duties may apply
Back to top Go down

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:52 am

JL I know both you and Waterbottle are keen for lighter wheels, there were a few on Guzzitech also keen but no takers on the BST carbon option.

Normally I would get involved pushing manufacturers to commit to a small batch .................. but I've got my (home made) wheels now. Also busy with the Ducati front end conversion on Bella and resurrecting my 5 year mothballed 2 stroke project.

If somebody like pauldaytona volunteered on your behalf to push locally with Das Mototech and PVM, you just might get them to commit.
Back to top Go down
FreshEgg
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FreshEgg

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:18 pm

ghezzi wrote:
JL I know both you and Waterbottle are keen for lighter wheels, there were a few on Guzzitech also keen but no takers on the BST carbon option.

Normally I would get involved pushing manufacturers to commit to a small batch .................. but I've got my (home made) wheels now. Also busy with the Ducati front end conversion on Bella and resurrecting my 5 year mothballed 2 stroke project.

If somebody like pauldaytona volunteered on your behalf to push locally with Das Mototech and PVM, you just might get them to commit.
Thanks again for sharing your information, Ghezzi. ... more free R&D for the benefit of this community.  Been avidly following your adventures with carbon wheels. I'm green with envy but but just can't justify $5K USD for a set of BSTs.

But $2.5K for forged alu wheels is getting into the stupid but doable range.  I was excited to see this thread, which seems to indicate that PVM wheels might be a bolt-on option without having to use a hub adapter as offerd by Ipothesys and Radical Guzzi.

I think we are all agreed on the potential benefits of lighter wheels. Mister GRiSO, being a lard butt, isn't exactly the most flickable bike I've ever ridden. With the xtra wide handlebars, hair-pin mountain roads are not a problem only because they are slow. At speed, all that mass and gyroscopic edffect could be really, really scary.

Picking up on another theme in this thread, can you confirm that a Ducati 999(?) wheel will fit the GRiSO? Actually, let me rephrase that: how do you buy a wheel off ebay? What are the critical criteria: Disk spacing? Distance between bearing faces? Please advise.

Cheers,
JL
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:49 pm

Putting lightweight wheels on a 240kg bike? that sounds a plan. is it not easier to buy a ducati and enjoy that for what it is and enjoy the GRiSO for what it is?

Jus sayin, each to their own. Smile

Chris

edit. on saying that the pic with the lobster back zorst... that is the only aftermarket piece of shite I have seen that actually looks "factory" on the GRiSO. Shame it will probably be road barred.
Back to top Go down

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:54 am

Boxer. I once owned a Guzzi Cali Stone, tried improving it, like turning a sows ear into a silk purse.
Really lusted after a Ghezzi & Brian Fionda, then in 2007 discovered a Ducati Hypermotard 1100S had the same suspension/wheels/brakes/weight as the Iti special, at half the price. So I bought one.

That bike will turn any old fart into a young dickhead ..................... but the engine was the wrong way round and it had a chain thingy. Aside from that the Ducati has been a real head f#*k.
Hence the Bellagio diet and upmarket suspenders.

Egg 'ead. Go down to your local bike shop with tape measure in hand, measure disc to disc on every wog bike you can find. Generally speaking, 900SS, 748/916/ upto 749/999/, most of the Monster models & life, ST2/3/4, Multistrada, ........... Guzzi V11 range, Cali EV, ............Aprilia Mille, Tuono & RSV twins etc all had the same front discs.
320mm - 10mm offset - 6 bolt - 80mm PCD - 60mm hole.

Find any one of those bikes with same spacing disc-to-disc as GRiSO, and the wheel will slot in and discs will be centered with your calipers.
Wheel spacers will be a piece of piss for any machinist to knock up in alloy.
If necessary, wheel bearings can be changed as well if that is advantages.

If you start with 998/999 'S' or 'R' models you are more likely to get the forged magnesium wheels.
Same applies to any Ducati ---'S' in their other models. Likewise with Aprilia "Factory" models.
Back to top Go down

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:27 pm

I have no links, just this photo that was sent to me.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:53 am

these might be of interest, even with shipping costs:

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:43 pm

they be rooted - or one of them is anyway - looks like the original bike had a trip down the road
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:47 pm

Thanks PaPa, but those are the Brembo Wheels with the marchesini stickers on them, My 09 model has the same Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marchesini Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marchesini Wheels   Marchesini Wheels Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Marchesini Wheels
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next