GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100

Go down 
+5
Street
Steak
Pete Roper
Grisodude
bCraig
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Empty
PostSubject: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:05 pm

Like it say ... I'm wondering what is best and available Tank bag for my new to me 1100 .... I need a mid size for map, tire plug kit , waterproof jacket liner, smokes ,water and extra gloves .... 20L maybe .... thanks for your time and ideas
Craig
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:46 am

Craig
Grab on of these
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I have one and a Givi tankbag, perfect.

Harry
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:34 am

Onur's tank rings are the shitz.
Back to top Go down
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:14 am

Thanks guys .... that is just what I will do .... got to like free shipping
Craig
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:11 pm

Contact Onur directly. He's not selling via eBay right now because PayPal is no go in Turkey. You can wire funds to him (Western Union) and he'll send you the loot.

Contact him here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:56 am

Have contacted Onur and sent western union funds for his tank bag lock ring .... now to decide which bag I need ? ... thanks for all suggestions ... Onur seems like a good fella and I can't wait to see his work .... I installed the Knight Design lowering pegs last evening and I do enjoy the extra leg room they give even for my short stiff legs .... will take a bit of time to get used to finding rear brake lever though .... I bet at least 20 minutes ... also mounted the GPR racing pipe after polishing up the cruddy headers ( they came out pristine ) no fooling with map or pulling fuses yet , just stuck the GPR on and went for a ride .... I got a very little bit of chuffing at idle and the bit of vibration I was getting at 90kph is now down lower but disappears with a twist of the throttle .... I am happy with both mods for now ... will check mileage on this tank of fuel and maybe go to a new map or pull fuses and see what auto trim can do if mileage has dropped ..... do I love this bike !!! ... this past wknd myself and Jo my wife hosted the East Coast Ducati Club AGM .... first time since I have had GRiSO that I was on the ST3 .... I still find it more comfy but I have not adjusted to GRiSO just yet ( more seat time will cure that ) .... The GRiSO created quite a stir and I got lots of positive comments on it ... in fact one our members went to Quebec and picked up a 2014 Stelvio with only 4700kms on , plus it came with the panniers ,top box and driving lights .... that's it for now .... tank bag suggestions will be welcomed .... thanks for your time ...
Craig
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:23 pm

I have a GIVI XS 307 and Onur's tank ring. Looks and works great.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:03 pm

Thanks Street .... I ordered a Givi XS306 25L a few minutes ago .... maybe a bit larger than mid size ... I think it will sit a top the tank pretty well though ...
Craig
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:57 pm

That one works for me!

Swaps over to the Stelvio too...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:30 pm

Yeah .... I like the look of that one .... I bet it holds plenty too .... I like tank bags over tail bags , and panniers .... only use the panniers on ST3 when I'm going far .... otherwise mounts and bags are in shed ...very nice looking GRiSO too !
Craig
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:59 am

eBay bargain. Expandable tank lock bag.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 am

looking at tank bags myself, and stumbled over this tidbit...

"just so you know, Givi and Kappa are the same. The owner of Givi has his daughter run Kappa. Kinda like s Honda/Acura kinda thing."

and
"I remember reading somewhere that Givi and Kappa were related companies (thus sharing parts like the mount for the tanklock bags)"

can't vouch for the validity of the 'research' but hey...
who knew!
Back to top Go down
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Yeah ! got my tank ring from Onur this past Thursday and Friday my Givi tank bag showed up ..... great set up .... lots of room in bag and it is decently elevated off the tank .... had to move mount on under side of bag one adjustment back which was no problem .... I prefer this setup to the magnetic type I use on the ST3 .... it's a breeze gassing up too .... thanks to all for your tips
Craig
Back to top Go down
greeng5
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
greeng5

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm

I got one of Onur's rings from Todd at Guzzitech (he ordered a few, may still have some).

The ring came with mounting instructions that seemed to make pretty good sense at first. However, in retrospect, it seems it was a 5 step process and steps three and four were missing.

Anyway, got the ring installed and everything looks great from the curb--the billet ring looks like it belongs and is polished nicely to complement the GRiSO's other polished metal surfaces.

I have a few li'l niggles after 2 weeks of use:

--the cut out section of the ring's perimeter (for gas tank lid to open) isn't symmetric
--the givi bag mounts up rotated about 5 degrees to the left
--the bag feels like it could be a little more securely engaged; there is a little bit of play while it is locked in place
--getting to the ignition key is a challenge while the bag is locked on

Nonetheless, the ring still looks great and this is an incredibly simple-to-use setup. Best experience I have ever had with a tankbag!
Back to top Go down
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:44 pm

If you find it difficult to reach the key you can make adjustment on bottom of bag , by moving the tank ring receiver or you can with the Givi bag I have .... I too , have Onur's ring and it does line up perfectly .... even after I made adjustment to improve key access .... hope you can make it right ...
Craig
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:02 am

Hi
"the givi bag mounts up rotated about 5 degrees to the left"
I think you will find in another post the Onur said it was the smaller Givi bag had the issue with being off center.

Harry
Back to top Go down
Ad B
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ad B

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:34 pm

Hi,

I use a Givi xs307 at my G12 for three years now.
I'm very satisfied with it.
First I made the adapter myself, but I have changed it for the alu version from Onur.
I sprayed it in alu color, it was to shiny for my bike, didn't like that...
Here the XS307 at my bike (one week back at the Albula pass in Switzerland, trip to Mandello).
Here a pic of Onur's tankring, sprayed in alu, on my bike.
It works very good on my G12 with my tankbag.

I also have the black, Delrin version too. Anyone interested?

Ad B
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:05 pm

I like the decal on the gas filler cover. Nice.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100   Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Best Mid Size tank bag GRiSO 1100
Page 1 of 1