GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Kuryakyn Bag

Go down 
+3
waterbottle
Ralf z
clivepc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
clivepc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
clivepc

Kuryakyn Bag Empty
PostSubject: Kuryakyn Bag   Kuryakyn Bag Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:31 pm

Just got through fitting this Kuryakyn Tail bag to use on the stock seat when I want to take some butties with me, maybe a first aid kit, spare underwear, whatever..

I took some bungees apart for the clips that join the bungees (A bent nail also works fine clamped using vice grips) I cut the hooks off to just keep the part that covers the joint.
Ended up taking a trip to the army navy store for some black shock cord because I didn't want yellow. Fitted the bungees permanently to the bag.
Hooks over the pegs under the frame quick as a flash and fits pretty nice, though I do say so meself!

C.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

Kuryakyn Bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuryakyn Bag   Kuryakyn Bag Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:13 am

Bag looks great.
Just make sure you put some protection between the bungee cord and paint work.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Kuryakyn Bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuryakyn Bag   Kuryakyn Bag Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:39 am

Black Duct tape works good Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
clivepc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
clivepc

Kuryakyn Bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuryakyn Bag   Kuryakyn Bag Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:56 pm

I think I'll use some 3m backed black rubber tape. I believe I've seen such a product at my local hardware store. Just needs to be wide enough to handle any movement, maybe the size of duct tape like you suggest.
Back to top Go down
clivepc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
clivepc

Kuryakyn Bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuryakyn Bag   Kuryakyn Bag Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:03 pm

Actually, some of that clear bra material might be best and can be replaced if it gets too marred up.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Kuryakyn Bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuryakyn Bag   Kuryakyn Bag Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:59 pm

Garage to die for. I have a 1937 garage that must have been built for a slimmer world. Mine is FULL with two pushbikes, GRiSO & a few bits of small furniture 'in storage' ( I sold the R850R partly due to space issues, plus woman complaining issues)....looks like you've got a car, boat & bike plus room to run the olympics in there (without FSU obviously), even after pillar drill & toolkits.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Kuryakyn Bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuryakyn Bag   Kuryakyn Bag Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:05 am

Try some bicycle inner tubes cut to size and slipped over the bungees where they touch the tail pieceĀ  ....works slick and keeps your paint nice ...
Works for me ..........

Last edited by keenerkeen07 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Kuryakyn Bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuryakyn Bag   Kuryakyn Bag Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:06 am

I like fast girls...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Kuryakyn Bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuryakyn Bag   Kuryakyn Bag Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:59 pm

Curious about the sailboat, Clive. Got pics?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
clivepc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
clivepc

Kuryakyn Bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuryakyn Bag   Kuryakyn Bag Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:55 pm

Couldn't agree more!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kuryakyn Bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuryakyn Bag   Kuryakyn Bag Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Kuryakyn Bag
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: