GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Gel or memory foam?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

Gel or memory foam? Empty
PostSubject: Gel or memory foam?   Gel or memory foam? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:26 am

Ok so my seat is getting sent off for "comfort reasons" mainly for my pillion wife but if I were to be honest I find I get a bit numb in my adducter muscles before a tank is done in. I have a perception that gel is overpriced for the thin slivers they insert and would want to know what the ghetto massiv find?

Chris

edit, I have a perception that everything is overpriced. Smile
Back to top Go down
MVH053
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MVH053

PostSubject: Re: Gel or memory foam?   Gel or memory foam? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:22 am

Hi mate.

leave the seat as standard and use a Air Hawk 2. Brilliant

Mark
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Gel or memory foam?   Gel or memory foam? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:41 am

I second what Mark said.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Gel or memory foam?   Gel or memory foam? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:35 am

I've tried "memory" foam in a custom seat and it worked well; the wife has the optional MG Comfort Gel seat for her V7 and likes it better than the custom upgraded foam change to her stock seat. I am currently using an Alaska Leather sheep skin on my GRiSO's stock seat for hot weather riding, and it works just fine and a lot less expensive than a custom seat upgrade. The sheep skins can be had to fit solo and 2-up seats.

Let us know what you decide...
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: Gel or memory foam?   Gel or memory foam? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:29 am

Thanks. I checked out Airhawk. I like the idea of moving this from one bike to another. Was sceptical that a redesigned seat would be worth the investment, previous seat refurbs were not exactly "outstanding" So I ordered a pillion only Airhawk 2 (I know, cheapskate) for my pillion wife. I reckon I can tough it out till the next refill Smile

Thanks for the heads up.

Chris

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gel or memory foam?   Gel or memory foam? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Gel or memory foam?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: