GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

La scatola nera appariscente

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

La scatola nera appariscente Empty
PostSubject: La scatola nera appariscente   La scatola nera appariscente Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:12 am

I present: The flashy black box

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

..and on the test bench, flashing an ECU.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: La scatola nera appariscente   La scatola nera appariscente Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:44 am

Cool Beets,

I'm following the 12V leads, but what is the AC power supply for? And what does the "Key" switch accomplish?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: La scatola nera appariscente   La scatola nera appariscente Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:48 am

As Steak said
Because I have no idea what any of it means. Smile 

Harry
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: La scatola nera appariscente   La scatola nera appariscente Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:59 am

It is a device for sanitizing sex aids. Jeez you lot are naive!

Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: La scatola nera appariscente   La scatola nera appariscente Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:53 am

"It is a device for sanitizing sex aids. Jeez you lot are naive!"
Wow
Everything has gone high tech.
Whats wrong with the quick wash in the sink.
And drying on the tea towel.
I'm just an old fashion boy form Australia.

Harry
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: La scatola nera appariscente   La scatola nera appariscente Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:25 am

The wall-wart is a regulated 12V dc supply for when using the box to bench flash in the workshop. The leads are for use when one is away from electrickery.

The 'key' switch is the equivalent of the ignition keyswitch on a bike. When flashing, the ECU must be 'woken up' to allow the software to connect/login.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: La scatola nera appariscente   La scatola nera appariscente Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:35 am

Bench flashing ecus very professional. Does Guzzitech know of this?

God knows what you lot get upto down under with your bedroom appliances I would have thought the sheep dip was plenty good enough.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: La scatola nera appariscente   La scatola nera appariscente Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:36 pm

davem wrote:
Bench flashing ecus very professional. Does Guzzitech know of this?

Don't know, don't care.  Very Happy 

Quote :
God knows what you lot get upto down under with your  bedroom appliances I would have thought the sheep dip was plenty good enough.

A dip is no good, that stuff burns. A crush is better. Theyt can't get away.  Razz 

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: La scatola nera appariscente   La scatola nera appariscente Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:52 pm

davem wrote:
Bench flashing ecus very professional.

I believe Paul has something similar. Quite simply the opportunity presented itself, I have a customer locally who left his GRiSO idling for hours in his garage and cooked the loom. It occurred to me that for people who didn't want to learn how to use Guzzidiag themselves, and surprising though it may seem to some of us there are plenty of folks who don't, but would like their ECU's reflashed/upgraded/un-bricked building a jig such as this would make things a whole lot easier than constantly pulling the ECU out of a bike to do it. I approached the owner, found he hadn't disposed of the dead loom and appropriated it in return for promising not to lick his wife's neck.

Such a thing is light-years above my peanut sized head and skill-set though so I asked Mark if he could do it. His answer? "No Worries". And here is the result. As for the level of 'Professionalism'? Well I wasn't thinking about that, I was just being my usual lazy, good-for-nothing self! Laughing But yes, it does I suppose at least show that we are a 'Serious' bunch of back-yard hackers! Very Happy 

Pete
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: La scatola nera appariscente   La scatola nera appariscente Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
I believe Paul has something similar. Quite simply the opportunity presented itself, I have a customer locally who left his GRiSO idling for hours in his garage and cooked the loom. It occurred to me that for people who didn't want to learn how to use Guzzidiag themselves, and surprising though it may seem to some of us there are plenty of folks who don't, but would like their ECU's reflashed/upgraded/un-bricked building a jig such as this would make things a whole lot easier than constantly pulling the ECU out of a bike to do it. I approached the owner, found he hadn't disposed of the dead loom and appropriated it in return for promising not to lick his wife's neck.

Pete, I thought the point of building a bench flasher was so that you COULD flash an ECU while the unit was out of the bike.  Am I as daft as usual?

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: La scatola nera appariscente   La scatola nera appariscente Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:46 pm

I'm pretty sure he meant installing ECU's in a bike to reflash them.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: La scatola nera appariscente   La scatola nera appariscente Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:51 pm

Nah, that is the point. I probably just phrased it wrong.

What I meant was without the jig one has to have a bike to pull the ECU out of so you can install the one that needs to be flashed. While this isn't too hard a job on a GRiSO on something like a Norge or Stelvio its a right frontbottom of a job so if you only have one of them to use as the 'Mule' for reflashing you make a world of pain for yourself.

There is also the issue of constantly removing and replacing ECU's. Eventually the pins are going to cry uncle.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: La scatola nera appariscente   La scatola nera appariscente Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:16 pm

Yeah, now I get where you were going there. I think I need a beer.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: La scatola nera appariscente   La scatola nera appariscente Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

La scatola nera appariscente
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: