GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

1100 oil pressure sensor

Go down 
+5
keenerkeen07
jean cool
jeremyb
Pete Roper
Ekimyrf
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

1100 oil pressure sensor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1100 oil pressure sensor   1100 oil pressure sensor - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:30 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Sorry. Being a grouch. Spent the day around the western side of the bottom of Lake Como. Anyone who wonders why the Europeans are so concerned about pollution should visit here and just look! Despite having the tightest regs in the world the sky is still brown and the views are covered by smog unless there is a strong wind blowing.

Euro 5? Bring it on! If humans aren't clever enough to build clean vehicles perhaps it's time to hand over to the cockroaches! Sure some of the current rules are silly in their simplicity but as a rule they WORK! I'm more than happy with the performance of my *Everyday* vehicles that meet regulations easily! For my 'Fun' machines? Well? Fun has a price. A price many are unwilling to pay. Therefore *Cheating* will remain the province of the few and will be ignored as it isn't the source of the *Problem*.

Quiet and clean! What could be better?

Pete

No problem at all...
Canada has still, a lot of .. Quiet and clean ..I was there for it this summer...and your right nothing is better..
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: 1100 oil pressure sensor   1100 oil pressure sensor - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:47 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
As your engine is after KS13769 it has the later trochoidal pump. The one that caused problems on a few Norges.

keenerkeen07 wrote:
interesting ...thought to check my engine serial # as well  it is KS 014272 ...6 Digits instead of five , do you use the 0 as part of the sn# or is the sn# KS 14272 ,  had to ask scratch

Mine is 013885.  I guess it means I am safe?  scratch      

Didn't see any "KS".
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 1100 oil pressure sensor   1100 oil pressure sensor - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:45 pm

885 was after 769 when I learnt to count so your bike has the trochoidal pump.

Don't turn this into a hair-tearing panic though for fuck's sakes! As I said there was a small batch of duff pumps back in the day. To the best of my knowledge they all went into one short run of early Norges that all seem to be red. I can't remember ever having heard of the shattered outer rotor issue on another model but I thought it worth mentioning because one of the symptoms those bikes displayed was the dreaded 'Oil Can of Death' icon. Also given Guzzis haphazard habit of flinging stuff together without any sort of logical sequence it's possible that one of the duff pumps may of been found on a shelf somewhere and ended up in a GRiSO by chance!

Thing is 95% of all oil pressure/oil light related issues are related to the wretched switch or its connector so it's always worth checking that first. After that it's worth dropping the sump and spacer on pre 2015 CARC bikes, (Bellagio excluded.) as a bit of gasket may of been spat out around an oil gallery, (Seen that twice and John at Motocicolo in Sydney called me up one day when he was having an oil pressure warning on a bike. I advised him to check the gaskets and sure enough that's what it was on that bike.). Only after those things have been checked and/or changed would I tear into the timing chest to check the oil pump. I mentioned it simply so people can be aware. It is NOT something that is a common fault or likely to be a problem.

Pete
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: 1100 oil pressure sensor   1100 oil pressure sensor - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:08 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
I mentioned it simply so people can be aware. It is NOT something that is a common fault or likely to be a problem.

OK, that is very clear.  Thanks Pete!

Oh, and BTW my math skills are OK, but due to age, lack of sleep, abuse of alcohol, or all of the above, my reading skills are apparently not what they once where.  I read/understood your line  "As your engine is after KS13769 it has the later trochoidal pump" as "As your engine is before KS13769 it has the later trochoidal pump".  My bad.
Back to top Go down
avgpetro
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
avgpetro

PostSubject: Re: 1100 oil pressure sensor   1100 oil pressure sensor - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:51 pm

About the oil sensor failure at dashboard power up - without starting the engine: after having 3 sensors replaced i gave up, some years ago. AT MY BIKE its obviusly the crapy cable connection that gets loose-dirty, adding some resistance to the circuit. Only when my battery is fully charged, this resistance is not enough to give a fault - so for me, the oil light has dual use: "oil problem" if it turns on (from off) whille the engine runs, "battery gets low" if it turns on before starting the motor.
Back to top Go down
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

PostSubject: Re: 1100 oil pressure sensor   1100 oil pressure sensor - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi Guys,

Sorry for taking ages to get back on this (moving jobs, towns, house etc) bike been in storage and have only just got round to doing this.

Advise spot on from all thanks

I got a new sensor with the new connector type, whipped off the left hand header and with the help of a head torch located the dratted thing in the bowels of the V.  The connector was dodgy so cleaned it up but no joy, so ended up replacing. Fiddly but easy job in the end and you have to be careful when putting the new one in that you dont drop it into the V and have to fish it out with a bit of bent wire (dont ask !!!!) got there in the end and Bingo no more nasty warnings.  Happy as a happy thing.

Its a 21mm open face spanner you need

Thanks for all the tips

Mike
Back to top Go down
tjo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tjo

PostSubject: Re: 1100 oil pressure sensor   1100 oil pressure sensor - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:58 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
As your engine is after KS13769 it has the later trochoidal pump. The one that caused problems on a few Norges.

If my engine number (on my 2006 GRiSO 1100) is KS013173, do I have to start to worry, Pete? Or are really only (red) Norge's concerned?
Back to top Go down
rustyrotor
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
rustyrotor

PostSubject: Re: 1100 oil pressure sensor   1100 oil pressure sensor - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:22 am

My OPS failed, ah, catastrophically. As in it cracked down the center and was absolutely pissing oil.
As in the bike was unsafe to ride, and would empty the crankcase in a few mins anyway.

Never saw anything on the dash. Zip.

My notes are shite but I think this is the BMW car-motor OPS that cross-references, is way cheaper, and should be available locally: 12 61 7 620 512

VERIFY the connector. The BMW car part *should* fit as is. Apparently a lot of these went to shit so Gooz changed it, requiring the cutting of the pigtail and installation of a new and different connector. Fuck you Gooz. Just. Fuck. You.

Back to top Go down
rustyrotor
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
rustyrotor

PostSubject: Re: 1100 oil pressure sensor   1100 oil pressure sensor - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:24 am

Oh and dont waste your time, just pull the tank.
Back to top Go down
rustyrotor
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
rustyrotor

PostSubject: Re: 1100 oil pressure sensor   1100 oil pressure sensor - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:27 am

oops, that's what I get for not reading EVERYTHING. Mah bad. BMW part still a money and hassle saver.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1100 oil pressure sensor   1100 oil pressure sensor - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

1100 oil pressure sensor
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2