GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Spanish stroll

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

Spanish stroll Empty
PostSubject: Spanish stroll   Spanish stroll Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:15 pm

2000 mile, 2up, 2weeks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Aragon de Molina.

Boy with Toy

Paradore Hotel Alarcon

The Rock, Moroccan mountains in background.

Hotel de Oso, Cosgaya Cantabria near Picos.

Chris

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Spanish stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanish stroll   Spanish stroll Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:27 pm

"2000 mile, 2up, 2weeks."

And all we get is five pix?  Puhleeeze.   scratch  Evil or Very Mad

Seriously, very envious.  Do tell more when you have time.

Bill

P.S.  My Kathi is a grand pillion  queen , but will only do that on my Norge and EV.  She had one ride on the GRiSO and said "No, thank you" after that.  In her defense, I may have overdone the demo.  Wink  Shocked
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

Spanish stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanish stroll   Spanish stroll Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:36 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:

"2000 mile, 2up, 2weeks."

And all we get is five pix?  Puhleeeze.   scratch  Evil or Very Mad

Seriously, very envious.  Do tell more when you have time.

Bill

P.S.  My Kathi is a grand pillion  queen , but will only do that on my Norge and EV.  She had one ride on the GRiSO and said "No, thank you" after that.  In her defense, I may have overdone the demo.  Wink  Shocked
Believe me Bill, I have tried! but everytime I lose the whole thread into the ether, I am sure it is something to do with the touch pad on my lap top.

Two up, this was ambitious, fortunately we did 3 days walking. My idea of this bike being a relaxed ride were quashed soon as we hit the high uneven twisty stuff and we did a lot of that . The pillion and bike were well out of their comfort zones and we will not be doing a two up again on the GRiSO, at one point I fell out of love with it and proclaimed "it`s going". Then on reflection I realised a lot of two up bikes would have struggled with the narrow tight sinewy ascents and descents we did. We left a map in a roadside bar in Potes a few miles from our last hotel, It was a fantastic road with lovely 3rd and 4th gear sweepers smooth as well, so whilst Amanda was checking in I doubled back for it, someone else needed the map but that ride made me realise why I bought it! (The GRiSO, not the map) The duc can go instead and I get excited about getting a two up all rounder.

Portsmouth Heading out.

Tarifa

info board  Alto Tajo Nature Park

Cuenca.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Spanish stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanish stroll   Spanish stroll Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:10 pm

Looks like a great trip, Chris, thanks for posting the awesome pics.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Spanish stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanish stroll   Spanish stroll Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:08 pm

Wow, great pictures! And what a nice trip. I did a similar tour d'Espana 10 years ago, but with an Italian rental car (a small Lancia) instead of an Italian motorcycle. I remember those Spanish roads as absolutely spectacular! Thanks for showing!

Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

Spanish stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanish stroll   Spanish stroll Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:29 am

No problemo, interestingly we met Simon Pavey and Tom Wolff at the Paradore hotel in Alarcon. They were conducting a BMW off road adventure and skills course called Pistes and Paradores. They had 10 fully off road specced g`esses, jockeys from North America UK and Euro. All backed up by a panel van and moto techhy with lots of spare parts. These guys were holidaying practising their bike breaking skills. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spanish stroll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spanish stroll   Spanish stroll Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Spanish stroll
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: