GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Newbie to the forum

Go down 
+2
sidrat
Furrowedbrow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Furrowedbrow
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Furrowedbrow

Newbie to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:35 am

Hi all. I bought my 8V SE new back in 2010 just before weeks of snow and ice!! It's the best bike I've had. I'm amazed at the comments from passers by and even at junctions and in traffic with blokes winding windows down to say "nice bike mate"! I do find myself admiring it in the garage too! Downside is the cams gave in but no surprise there but what was unnerving was the horrendous racket that kept occurring on occasional startup and when the engine was very hot. The dealer had never come across it and had repeatedly rechecked cams and tensioner but all was fine. So one day I sat in the traffic until it was rattling and then pulled up at the shop and the comment was "yep that don't sound right". Cut a long story short he stripped everything down and replaced the cam chains as a last resort - it worked! He can't work it out as the old chains looked fine?!

Now the spokes are leaking. Love the spokes wheels but multiple seal changes have gone beyond a joke. Managed to get a cast wheel cheap and will put this on and have a faff with trying to sort the seals out.
Still love the bike though. Getting the back wheel to power slide out at junctions is hilarious
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:07 am

Welcome, i would be a little worried about cam noise, i guess you are on rollers now?

It is a great bike, look forward to some warmer weather to bring her out again, might see you around, i am in lincoln
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:34 am

Welcome to the ghetto FB! Assuming yours is a Tenni, cheers!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:01 pm

G'day FB
Welcome from us all under down under in Tasmania, enjoy the site
Stay safe and well
Caoi
Back to top Go down
Furrowedbrow
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Furrowedbrow

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:53 am

Yep it's the Tenni and I'm deffo on the rollers! The top end rattle was a complete mystery and as I say, cam chain renewal sorted it but without any explanation. At least it's sorted and I can get more miles racked up, even in the winter if it's salt free!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:03 am

Welcome to Grisodom. It's an unruly duchy.  jocolor

No salt on roads here yet, but we live next to the VDOT facility and the "beep beeps" will start soon.  Actually, the VDOT activity is way more accurate than Weather Channel; wonder where they get their forecasts?  scratch Wink

Oh, almost forgot.  You can fix that livery with some inexpensive red rattle can.  cheers

Best from the top of Virginia,

Bill
Back to top Go down
Furrowedbrow
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Furrowedbrow

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:17 am

Thanks Bill but 'fix the livery'!!! I love the green thanks!
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:52 am

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the forum   Newbie to the forum Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Newbie to the forum
Page 1 of 1