GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Kriega Luggage

Go down 
+2
paulbrice
jonnymac
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jonnymac
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jonnymac

Kriega Luggage Empty
PostSubject: Kriega Luggage   Kriega Luggage Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:08 am

Hi Guys,
I am looking into getting the Kriega Duo panniers.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The website says they need support on the frame and the company only appears to make a support for the Ducati Scrambler.
I don't fancy large framework on my bike. Is there anything minimalist and universal? I saw the C-bow systems, but wasn't sure the supports would work with this.
Any useful tips or recommendations?
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Kriega Luggage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kriega Luggage   Kriega Luggage Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:49 am

I have C-bow with soft bags & some things to consider (took me ages to choose as c-bow soft bags look lovely, suit the bike, supports are minimalist when bags are off, but 22Litres each doesn't go far):
- I use C-bow supports to lift back of bike, passenger grip, general support. The Kriega ones say they are HDPE so not sure they would be robust for some of these things
- The C-Bow kit just about squeezes in and doesn't touch the exhaust. Kriega look more square and deeper so wonder if you might foul exhaust (pictures attached)
- You could easily use the c-bow struts and fit the Kriega plates and/or use c-bow set up with Kriega bags fitted (just using rigidity to keep them vertical etc) but these plus other mix & max likley too much pain
- You could likely fabricate a way to fit the kriega plates using 4 lugs as per c-bows but you need to check if it fits exhaust again. Let me know if you want any measurements on fitted c-bow stuff

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Speedtrip
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Speedtrip

Kriega Luggage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kriega Luggage   Kriega Luggage Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:11 am

Hi there, I'm looking at the C Bow system but have fitted a tail tidy which moves the indicators back about 2 inches. Looking at your pictures, it seems like they might squeeze in behind the mounting plate/bag but it will be close. I may be able to move the indicators in a bit further so they're closer to the bike (narrower) but it will be close. Would you be able to provide a measurement from a given point to where the rear of the bracket and rear of the bag are in relation to the distance away from the side of the bike?? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Kriega Luggage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kriega Luggage   Kriega Luggage Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:45 am

I tried a drawing, then thought probably easier to write description, finally went photos with tape measure in ....(pictures paint thousand words joke in there somewhere). Note c bow cases are bisexual as they can fit either way around so i've pictured both although with thick end facing it gets close to the termni pipe. Let me know if you need any other measurements

Back to top Go down
Speedtrip
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Speedtrip

Kriega Luggage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kriega Luggage   Kriega Luggage Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:44 am

Wow, thanks for such a speedy and comprehensive reply! The pics are a great help and looks like I might be able to squeeze them on. The one measurement that would confirm it would be from the bracket mounting point on the bike, measured out to the indicator. This is because I no longer have the standard mudguard in place and therefore no reference point. You've been so helpful, please don't rush - anytime would be great, and I think that would confirm it either way for me. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Kriega Luggage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kriega Luggage   Kriega Luggage Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:13 am

No problem, I'm working from home today so any excuse to run into the garage...  try these taken from floor upwards. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Speedtrip
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Speedtrip

Kriega Luggage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kriega Luggage   Kriega Luggage Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:09 am

That's a great help!  It looks like there's about 11.5 cms from the edge of the indicator and the mounting bolt on the subframe.  I've just been tinkering and managed to get the indicators positioned a couple of mm closer into the bike, so that same measurement on my bike is no more than 11 cms, so i should have all of about 5mm clearance - I should just about be able to squeeze them on!  Phew, it might be close though but you've been a great help cheers .
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

Kriega Luggage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kriega Luggage   Kriega Luggage Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:24 am

I know this is a bit of a topic kick, but as there already is a topic about it i migth as well ask here.

Did you (or any one) get this to work? The kriega bags looks really nice and a bit more tougher then the H&B stuff.
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

Kriega Luggage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kriega Luggage   Kriega Luggage Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:07 am

I got the Kriega Duo 36 in today. I will definitely need a luggage rack as they are all over the place but i like them so far. Not massive, but i was able to put loads of clothes in them Smile

Was thinking of getting these as racks. Not too expensive and it looks like they can do the job Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Kriega Luggage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kriega Luggage   Kriega Luggage Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:44 pm

They look very similar to the factory bag frames.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Kriega Luggage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kriega Luggage   Kriega Luggage Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:52 pm

They look exactly like the factory mounts.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

Kriega Luggage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kriega Luggage   Kriega Luggage Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:28 am

I guess Italians like to copy too Razz
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

Kriega Luggage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kriega Luggage   Kriega Luggage Icon_minitime1Sat May 12, 2018 7:32 am

Well, it almost fits, the pannier racks that is. The beams to the footpegs do'nt fit at all. Maybe it's of an 1100? i dunno. But it's ok. Most of the weight of the bags are on the saddle. The rack prevents the bags from going sideways. I guess i'm just gonna cut them off. Saves mounting time too. The exhaust one is nasty as it sort of sits inbetween the exhaust rubbers and the passengerfootpegs.

But, other than that, the bags sit well. They are far away from the exhaust Smile

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Kriega Luggage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kriega Luggage   Kriega Luggage Icon_minitime1Sat May 12, 2018 4:03 pm

I've cut mine off. It was that or buy new panniers. Since I don't have pillion pegs. I added support via the Stucchi rack I use. You could add extra support by utilising the rack screw hole. You could make a bracket. That would give you 3 points of support.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

Kriega Luggage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kriega Luggage   Kriega Luggage Icon_minitime1Sun May 13, 2018 1:01 am

Good idea! i'll look into that Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kriega Luggage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kriega Luggage   Kriega Luggage Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Kriega Luggage
Page 1 of 1