GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Fuel Cap Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Browning
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Browning

Fuel Cap Question Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Cap Question   Fuel Cap Question Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:12 am

My GRiSO came with a tank bag that latches onto a horseshoe mount which was screwed into the fuel cap ring. After removing it I'm left with 4 threaded holes and I'm trying to determine were they there stock for some purpose? Or were the four holes drilled and tapped in order to attach the mount?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Fuel Cap Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Cap Question   Fuel Cap Question Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:39 pm

Unless it is an adapter plate that came with the mount and bag (SW Motech?) then it was drilled and tapped for that purpose. Stock trim does not look like that.

Many of us use the similar TankLock system by GIVI. Onur Kuraner, GRiSO ghetto member, has done a beautiful job creating adapters for the GRiSO and other Guzzi CARC bikes.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Browning
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Browning

Fuel Cap Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Cap Question   Fuel Cap Question Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:33 pm

Thank you Steak, yeah it arrears they must have drilled it since the piece is the hinge for the fuel cap. I guess I'll look for some very short M5 stainless, button head, screws. Is there a place where I can see pictures of his adapters?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Fuel Cap Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Cap Question   Fuel Cap Question Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:49 pm

I might have a cap hanging around. You'd need to swap out the cap lock or the cap itself to keep the key. Let me have a dig.
Back to top Go down
Browning
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Browning

Fuel Cap Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Cap Question   Fuel Cap Question Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:31 pm

Thanks Pete that would look better than 4 odd screws, let me know if you find it and if so what you want for it.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Fuel Cap Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Cap Question   Fuel Cap Question Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:50 pm

On second look, I'd bet that is an adapter plate that came with the mount. The OEM piece lays flat/flush with the rest of the tank ring. The P.O. may still have the stock unit, or you could source one from Piaggio.

Here are some links to Onur's GIVI Tanklock threads:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Fuel Cap Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Cap Question   Fuel Cap Question Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:10 pm

Pretty sure the cap components can't be bought individually Steve. I think they only come as part of the 'Lock hardware kit' which I'll bet costs a king's ransom!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuel Cap Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Cap Question   Fuel Cap Question Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Fuel Cap Question
Page 1 of 1