GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Stelvio good or bad

Go down 
+10
Andy in NZ
keenerkeen07
boxerscott
Steak
pauldaytona
Guzzi Cat
beetle
Pete Roper
Papa Lazarou
waterbottle
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Stelvio good or bad  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stelvio good or bad    Stelvio good or bad  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:02 am

keenerkeen07 wrote:
ok so tomorrow i am going to check this 2013 ntx out 15000km  comes with all the stock farkles less the rear box , but hes added a Hepco Becker off a Buell Ulley instead.
Cant ride the bike as its still winter here but i can hear her run etc, being a 2013 its rollered  or should be..
thing is is there anything else i can check out while there, Seems like a good fellow wants to sell the Stelvio because he likes his Ulley better ....go figure ...
reasonable asking price at $8000 CDN will barter for cash.. new they are $17k  

Update:
the Stelvio is stored in his mobile home (house trailer) warm and dry but not well lit so see the bike proper , he brought out some lamps to illuminate better and i could see that it was in fairly good cosmetic shape for the most part, he has done some modifications to suit him such as cutting down the windscreen and adding a stout rear rack to attach a small rear Hepco Becker tail box. the right pannier has some damage that has been repaired , from the Previous owner to him , so the bike has had a tip over on the right side , the bike from what i could see looks straight though and the pannier took the hit i would think for the most part.
He also showed me the invoices for work done warranty and otherwise from the previous owner, the carc had issues and the crown and pinion gears were replaced , the instrument panel was replaced as well these were both done as to warranty .the speedo was replaced at aprox 10km the new speedo shows 4500km so he figures aprox 15 km on the bike as of now ...mods were done to the running lights as to wiring and bulbs.. he has good history as to work done and i appreciated his honesty as to the bike ...we didn't start the bike as it was in his house ...so for now he is off to work for 6 weeks out of town and upon his return we will start her up and weather permitting i will take it for a whirl , also daylight will be helpful to see any dings etc that will be hiding ..
As of now i just do not know , but i am not willing to take on a project the price is ok and time will tell..

I did check out a new 2016 Stelvio as well twice the price , and i havent brought a new bike in years maybe its time too eh
btw the GRiSO stays no matter what , it needs a brother anyway ...
Keener

Back to top Go down
Ad B
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ad B

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio good or bad    Stelvio good or bad  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:38 am

Hi,

I would take "best of two worlds"...
My GRiSO on this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Passo dello Stelvio by Ad v.d. Biggelaar, on Flickr

bouncebounceThumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio good or bad    Stelvio good or bad  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:55 am

Well, I have to say that I'm really enjoying my Stelvio. Sure it's a turd but it's a very fun turd.

It was 40*C+ here today but I took it out for a nice 160km gallop and took in a lot of dirt road and, unsurprisingly, it was a great improvement in those situations. Sure it isn't anywhere near as precise and 'Planted' as the GRiSO on sealed roads and it's 'Fang Factor' is much lower but it's going to greatly expand my regular riding circuits as all these less explored dirt roads are now easy pickings!

It'll be interesting to see which one gets ridden more? Sad thing is having the Stelvio makes the Mana somewhat redundant......

Pete
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio good or bad    Stelvio good or bad  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:06 pm

A fun thing indeed. Haven't ridden ours since getting it rego'd up here. maybe this arvo if it cools off a bit.
Pete, I didn't hear if you found your stelvio was rollered or not ?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio good or bad    Stelvio good or bad  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:56 pm

Nah, it was still a flattie. At 108,000kms it would of had to be on at least its second set of flats here's the LH side. I haven't bothered opening up the right.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'd be fascinated to know what it's history actually is. It on the whole looks pretty well cared for. It has a pair of quite expensive LED spots on it but surprisingly no heated grips, although it was a Queensland bike!

At least it hasn't had the TB's screwed around with and with a bit of stuffing around with the CO trim it actually runs very nicely with the Staintune pipe that's on it so I'm not even going to change that out.

All up it cost me a smidge over ten grand to buy, fix and register. Not bad for a big tank Stelvio. It doesn't rattle or smoke and the only odd noise it makes is the 'Stelvio Groan' from the clutch but my GRiSO clutch, (Also a 2012 model.) does that too and I'm not to worried as if it was going to blow I'm pretty sure it would of by 108,000!

Pete
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio good or bad    Stelvio good or bad  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:39 pm

Well, at least Michael will be able to sort that lot out while you sip lemonades at the Royal Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stelvio good or bad    Stelvio good or bad  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Stelvio good or bad
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2