GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New Hand Guards

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

New Hand Guards Empty
PostSubject: New Hand Guards   New Hand Guards Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:50 pm

I installed Stelvio hand guards today. While far from a vanity mod, I am very happy with the results. I took a high speed scoot to the dealership to pickup an outlet for my electric vest. Summer gloves in January!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

New Hand Guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hand Guards   New Hand Guards Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:12 am

How do they attach ? Would love some for winter, but have to come off in our summer.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New Hand Guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hand Guards   New Hand Guards Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:57 am

I have a set in stock Ron if you need them.
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

New Hand Guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hand Guards   New Hand Guards Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:04 am

waterbottle wrote:
How do they attach ? Would love some for winter, but have to come off in our summer.

Easy install, held on by mirrors and end weights. The kit comes with extended weights and associated hardware (adds a couple of inches to the wingspan).
Less than an hour start to finish for this slow cautious mechanic. Directions called for Locktite 243, all I could come up with locally was 242! I used a soft faced hammer to fit the far end on the weight (tight fit).

It really did make a difference with the wind, though I will probably take them off for the summer as well.
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

New Hand Guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hand Guards   New Hand Guards Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:29 am

I just ordered another set of these smoke hand guards on flea bay.

They're cheap, easy to install/remove (attach to the mirror) and actually work pretty well. I had a set on my Breva 1100.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Hand Guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hand Guards   New Hand Guards Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New Hand Guards
Page 1 of 1