GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from Scotland

Go down 
+12
Street
Papa Lazarou
Il Griso
Steak
sidrat
waterbottle
H-E-ROSS
Pete Roper
NorthernProducer
wardentm
keenerkeen07
anguscameron1966
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

Hello from Scotland - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Thanks Beetle Smile
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:22 pm

So the flat tappets are now history!

Whilst the GRiSO was being rollerised it was discovered that the middle bit of the exhaust (the little tortured bend was cracked and had a good split in it. Fortunately the dealer had one in stock and replaced it.

Performance wise the bike seems ok ... the throttle I feel could be smoother but maybe I just need to get used to the change. I don't intend to keep the factory map, will Beetle it once the funds are to hand.
What I have noticed and am concerned about is that at 6000rpm the power just flat lines.
I will discuss it with the dealer tomorrow and see what they think but wondered if anyone had any ideas what may be wrong.

Thanks Angus Smile
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:32 pm

One tooth out on the cams.

This is a known issue if one of the cams hasn't been aligned correctly on the cam chain.

Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:42 pm

Thanks Beetle I will take it up with them tomorrow. Disappointing its a four hour round trip not including the time they are working on the bike. Hopefully it's not too difficult to correct.

Cheers,

Angus.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:07 pm

Nah, as long as they believe that's the problem, (It is, believe us.) it's half an hour's work on the left, an hour on the right.

If the cam/s are a toof out it will completely fuck the TB balance so it'll need tuning again after the timing is corrected.

Pete
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:38 am

Thanks again guys the bike is going back in .... the tech has taken on board your advice and is grateful for the heads up.

Cheers,

Angus.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi Angus
My mid pipe also cracked just recently, got it welded up and strengthened, I am told this is a common occurrence.
Could I suggest you get your old one off the dealer for possible future repair and use, that's of course if it was not a warranty replacement.
When mine was cracked the tuning was up the shit, better now.
stay safe and warm
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:33 am

Disappointing if dealer did hand bike back with sprocket-chain misaligned - never mind checking whilst rebuilding, don't they even test ride the thing after rebuild FFS or did they just hope you wouldn't notice !..... Mine slipped a tooth whilst re-assembling (probably common thing to happen) but it was bleeding obvious when I looked at alignment on the cam sprocket and at that stage an easy fix......
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:41 am

Before we get too high and mighty I can assure you it's a.) easy to do as it's usually the chain hopping a tooth on the bottom sprocket when the chain isn't under tension that causes the misalignment and b.) if the weather is shitty you aren't going to rap the thing out to over six grand on a test ride!

Look, Big Mike has done it, I've done it. The first time you do it it's hard to pick. Once you've done it once you immediately spot the other, smaller, symptoms. It's one of those learning experiences. No, it shouldn't happen but as long as it's made right and nobody gets hurt.........
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:03 am

The GRiSO is rollerised and the misaligned tooth is now where it should be! I'm extremely grateful for the support from you guys, the MG tech also asked that I pass on his appreciation as was able to get straight to sorting it and not having to stress over "what it may be".
Whilst the bike was in I had asked if they would fit a set of heated grips I had not got round to fitting. I fully expected to pay for this. The dealer refused payment and said it was the least they could do for my inconvenience.

Time to enjoy the bike! Once again thanks!! Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:14 pm

The name of the dealer who listens to Pete Roper should be added to the trusted dealers.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:52 pm

Actually it was Mark who jumped on this one.
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:13 pm

HI the dealer is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I found them great to deal with, very helpful.

Cheers,

Angus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Scotland   Hello from Scotland - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from Scotland
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3