GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Bos Exhaust airbox clearance

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Empty
PostSubject: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:19 am

Just for info , Pic : The socket used as a height reference is 1 1/4" high. The rear shock has the spring removed and Carc raised until the bump stop on the shock has compressed a little. ( Simulating a soft bottom out ) the Socket is positioned at the tightest clearance point , approximately 1 3/8" max available between tyre and inner gaurd / airbox protector.   More clearance is available lower down, but one would risk cooking the hell out of the rear shock reservoir .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:28 am

All the photos I've seen of BOS exhaust has both headers/mufflers exiting from under the sump and up the left side. No pipe between tyre and air box/mudguard.

Ron, a single pipe is lighter, and less weight bias to the rear better for track work.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:48 am

Look again.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:16 am

Yep. Extra weight, just where you need it, up high and in the rear.
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:23 pm

Yes, in comparison with one pipe some extra weight. But in summary still lighter than the stock trumpet and extremely nice looking.

And by the way, I`m convinced there are people out there who put more kilos on the scales than me, loosing weight still would be the most efficient tuning Razz Razz Razz

Ducati Drivers would murder for carbon bits that are 100 g lighter than the original part. But thats not my style.

And if You like some more details or pics about the BOS double gun, let me know ...

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Would you please measure the diameter of the right hand pipe? Also, the clearance to the CARC?

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:05 pm

Yesssss Sir, tomorrow afternoon I will test guzzidiag for the first time and hereby make the measurements.

Last edited by 2highlander on Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:24 pm

I do love that set up. The cross pipe to the right hand side looks like it's very close to the shock reservoir?
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:04 am

Hey beetle, would you please specify the exact point where to take the CARC measurement if you're not kidding me?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:02 am

I kid you not. Vertical distance from the swingarm to the pipe. From the closest point of the rear shock to the pipe. From the underside of the splash guard to the pipe. Rear tyre to pipe.

Thanks!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Beetle, some pics for You ...

CARC - right hand pipe

Swing arm - right hand pipe

Shock reservoire - right hand pipe

Diameter right hand pipe

Hope that helps! By the way, You have PM!

Last edited by 2highlander on Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:05 pm

Excellent! Thanks!

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Did You fear some parts will touch and get damaged when the rear shock is completely compressed?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:20 pm

Actually, yes. I was concerned about how close things got under a rear shock bottom-out. Plus concerns regarding heat on the reservoir and tyre. I guess you've never had any issues?

scratch

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:37 pm

No issues at all - and not only me. On the contrary, I`m planning to install a rear wheel hugger. A friend of mine has actually done this and You may guess - also no issues!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:53 pm

Good to know.

Thumbs Up

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:48 pm

Worse case scenario, you could always rig up a heat shield for that reservoir...
The only reason that I don't have that set up besides its price, is because I like to run my hard case Givis on my mountain trips.
I could always use them on the 1100 and keep the 8V in the hooligan mode.Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bos Exhaust airbox clearance    Bos Exhaust airbox clearance  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Bos Exhaust airbox clearance
Page 1 of 1