GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Greetings dear friends!

Go down 
+8
Converted Duc
Street
wardentm
Nobleswood
Pete Roper
NorthernProducer
cbxtc6
petarzil
12 posters
AuthorMessage
petarzil
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
petarzil

Greetings dear friends! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:56 am

I am Petar Petkov from Macedonia ( couldn't find my flag in the registration section, so i have choosen Greek flag as our neighboors, also my life phylosophy is more cosmopolitan, and i don't like borders and countries as terms in general:) )

32year old, father of a great son ( 2 years old, and hopefully future guzzista ). Manager in a Pharmacutical company, but most of my free time i learn about playing with metal and mechanic staff. I am addicted to customization and i can't get enough of it Smile

My first Guzzi is GRiSO SE Tenni 1200 8V, bought it used with 800km from Piaggio dealership as demo vehicle, used by Manager and test drive.

In 3 years i have done very low millage on my GRiSO, around 5,000km, due to my traveling for company's purposes and also the new life challenge of being a father.

Currently i have done some customisation on my GRiSO, but still more to come. I prefer of doing things fully custom, but some parts have to be bought:) I wanted to turn my GRiSO into a bike that suits my lifestyle more ( i drive with suits to work, and i use onlu open helmet since i have claustrophobia at basic stage ). Here is what i have done my my GRiSO:

1. Custom exhaust
2. Custom licenceplate holder with fender
3. Small cafe racer headlight fairing
4. Bought Oberon bar end mirrors
5. Titanium pipe wrap tape
6. Tank ring from Onur Kuraner
7. Custom duffle bag with givi mechanism
8. Leather stripe with buckle in middle of tank
9. Custom decals
10. New brown grips
11. K&N air filter
12. Custom remap on dyno
13. On/Off tires Pirelli MT60 (i love their look)

Here are my last pictures before i put it in winter sleep, and not everything i listed is mounted or done.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by petarzil on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cbxtc6
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
cbxtc6

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:39 am

Very nice Petar! Thumbs Up Welcome!
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:37 am

Welcome, Petar!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:12 am

Flat tappet or roller? Has it been rollerised yet?
Back to top Go down
petarzil
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
petarzil

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:15 am

Hello Pete. I've read tons of your posts, so first of all thank you for providing such detailed explanations of basically everything!

I'll answer your question as still don't know. I bought it fully serviced, and the first year i had no need to check it up. Second year i did only oil/filter change. This year i still havent't done anything, but i was about to check the valves and ofcourse to check of the tappets.

When i bought it at the Piaggio dealership, i was informed that the bike is in perfect condition, everything changed uptodate. But back than i was not aware of the flat tappets issue, and last summer i asked by phone at the dealership, they told me there is no recall on my VIN, if there is any they would call me. Up to my purchase date they have done everything.

Since we are small country, andnonly 2 GRiSO's here, i also doubt of my dealer connection to Piaggio group.

But, i will find out in 2 months if i have to worry or not Smile

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:51 pm

There isn't, and never was a 'Recall' so there will be no campaign alerts on your bike in the Piaggio system. This doesn't alter the fact that if your bike still has flats it will be destroying itself.

Also just checking the clearances won't necessarily give you an indication of the condition of the tappets. The only way to be sure is to pull the cambox for a looksee.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:59 pm

Pete,

Can't Petar just check his engine number, or VIN, if that's appropriate here? Or is it that Tenni's were only in production when the tappet problem was ongoing ?

Sorry to flog a dead horse...
Back to top Go down
petarzil
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
petarzil

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:03 pm

I confirmed it.. theyr flat..
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Problem is that engine numbers are a bit rubbery when it comes to identifying the issue.

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:11 pm

G'day Petar
Welcome from us all down under in Tasmania.
Great to hear from you.
Hope your 'flattie' issue sorts out for you and from then on your great GRiSO gives you many years of enjoyment.
Go safe and well.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:58 pm

Welcome, Petar!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:51 pm

Welcome mate
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:17 am

Welcome to the ghetto Petar. I will work on a Macedonian flag for you!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
petarzil
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
petarzil

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:30 am

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and your precios words! I hope i can somehow contribute to the GRiSO society. I wish all of us to be healthy, happy and enjoying our rides for many more years!
Back to top Go down
RENGRISO
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
RENGRISO

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:33 am

Welcome neighbor.
Nice flag
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:46 am

welcome, great looking bike and some nice personalised changes. You will soon get the flat tappets fixed and enjoy it for longer cheers
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Uploading and adding to your profile now.

FYI, I spent 23 years working in the pharmaceutical industry - 13 years with Merck, 2 years at Seattle Genetics, and 8 years at Novo Nordisk.

Back to top Go down
petarzil
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
petarzil

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:14 pm

Steak wrote:

FYI, I spent 23 years working in the pharmaceutical industry - 13 years with Merck, 2 years at Seattle Genetics, and 8 years at Novo Nordisk.

Thats quite impressive experience you have. I've started as junior Marketing manager in IT company, than switched to Pharmaceuticals, 3 years in wholesale company and distribution, 4 years in Retail chain. Both multibrend representative and sales.
Back to top Go down
Il Griso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Il Griso

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:40 am

Good evening Petar,

and also a warm welcome from my side In Austria!
Very nice bike!!
And an exhaust pipe, which fits perfect to your GRiSO!
Who has manufactured this part?

You mentioned, that you have done calibration on the dyno.
Do you have power/torque curves to show to us?

Take care!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:59 pm

petarzil wrote:
Steak wrote:

Thats quite impressive experience you have. I've started as junior Marketing manager in IT company, than switched to Pharmaceuticals, 3 years in wholesale company and distribution, 4 years in Retail chain. Both multibrend representative and sales.

I don't miss it... flower

Back to top Go down
petarzil
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
petarzil

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:31 pm

Il GRiSO wrote:
Good evening Petar,

and also a warm welcome from my side In Austria!
Very nice bike!!
And an exhaust pipe, which fits perfect to your GRiSO!
Who has manufactured this part?

You mentioned, that you have done calibration on the dyno.
Do you have power/torque curves to show to us?

Take care!

Warm greetings to Austria!

The video i posted, and also the pictures in this introduction section are made in the begining of my customisation process. Therefor, i have only installed the headlight fairing even its not painted yet, the licence plate holder with fender, and the exhaust. Theyr designed by me, and manufactured by me and a good friend of mine. He has industrial machinery service and manufacturing company, but he let me use his machinery. But i have to be honest, the final touch and the specific parts are made by him, because i don't have such experience and i disn't want my bike to suffer from it. Exhaust is made of finest materials available.

I havent done the duno calibration yet, i am waiting for my tired to arrive first, so i can take it for a ride and warm up the oils and do the change afterwards. Than i plan on checking and adjusting valves, and than i take it to install the airfilter along with dyno remap.

After that, i can focus on the cosmetic accessories Smile

Best regards
Back to top Go down
Il Griso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Il Griso

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:56 am

Petar,

you GRiSO looks great. Esp. the exhaust fits perfect.
Congratulations to the professional work!

Hope for you, that weather is warmer then at us in Austria and that you can wake-up your bike from winter-sleep soon.
In Austria it needs min. one other month down in the valleys.
Pass routes will open typically in June.
Back to top Go down
petarzil
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
petarzil

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:54 am

Il GRiSO wrote:
Petar,

you GRiSO looks great. Esp. the exhaust fits perfect.
Congratulations to the professional work!

Hope for you, that weather is warmer then at us in Austria and that you can wake-up your bike from winter-sleep soon.
In Austria it needs min. one other month down in the valleys.
Pass routes will open typically in June.

On 20th of February, my son turns 2, so i am more focused on planning the birthday party:)
After that, i'll go more agressive on preparing the bike. I have allready ordered all the oils, i got the oil and air filter in my garage, the bar end mirrors, the pipe wrap tape. Next week i am expecting the tires, guess what, i bough them from Austria Smile tirendo.at

3 things i have to do and are depandable on proffesional work, painting the headlight fairing in tenni green, making new custom decals, and high temp painting the rear custom turn signals holder.

Also, i am working on some other custom staff, such as leather duffle bag with givi mechanism, i'll mount them on the tank ring made by Onur Kuraner which allready have. I am customising 2 open helmets for maximum pleasure.

I expect everything to be done by the end of March, or Beggining of April.

Hopefully the weather will be pleasant so i can start riding Smile
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:10 am

Got Pics?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings dear friends!   Greetings dear friends! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Greetings dear friends!
Page 1 of 1