GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+85
Todd442
GreggF
motor-timothy
XU12
DeepSpace
ITSecurity
MattF
kiwi dave
theTURN
f-man
cognosticator
nwryder
EricS
nblades
stdunkel
PunkScout
wardest
Pisano
Pete Roper
Street
sidrat
Charlie J
Bill Hagan
beetle
waterbottle
Steak
PilotJet
swagzz
sideshowbob
MalG
Hacky
not-fishing
cbxtc6
fredfrenzy
Stu400
Cantaloop
Guzzi Two Shoes
Broken Spoke
Omnis
GHTE
Triman023
anguscameron1966
Lemppari
Guzzi Cat
Patrik
Mandrake
pkroupa
Conor W
Brent S
b3177h
wayne68
relayer
bioman
Clancy
paulbrice
HCSO617
guzziownr
Ad B
zebraranger
petarzil
Grisonut
MVH053
avgpetro
WAC
LBC Tenni
2highlander
NorthernProducer
nwreed
bahamazoo
dennis the menace
H-E-ROSS
MrGPz
Nobleswood
Baross
Oz1200Guzzi
BradleyM
Bulldog9
Converted Duc
wardentm
mark111
rudolf35
Papa Lazarou
Il Griso
keenerkeen07
wyno
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:43 pm

Couldn't he just scan it in a titty squisher or summin?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:29 pm

beetle wrote:
I did this. Cue haters.

This was a proof-of-concept test. After my last gravity assisted dismount, I had bent both the brake lever and bracket. I had this idea in the back of my mind for a while, and figured this was a good a time as any.

Everything works as it should. My foot position is equivalent to the the Knight Design 1" drop pegs, but without the off-set. This brings my feet closer in-board, thusly increasing cornering cleareance without reducing peg height. The pegs are not folding, but that will be rectified. The toe-pegs could be a bit smaller in diameter.

The rearsets are by Joker Machine. The master cylinder is a garden variety Brembo in-line unit. The brake line is a HEL jobby. Clevis and rod are from an RSV4. Brackets are by me.

Now that I've successfully tested it, I'll tidy the brackets and put lick of paint on both brackets and spacers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Somehow, I'm reminded of that really drunk girl at the bar who comes back out of the pisser a little awry...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:37 pm

I love that girl!! I love you
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:14 am

You can also use FreeCad which is currently under heavy development. But whatever You use, it will not be learned in a few hours to hit industry standards for a cnc. If You want You could do some measurement and my brother as an Autocad fuzzi will perhaps draw this.

Perhaps You might thinking of integrating heel protectors to Your plate.... Question
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:12 am

Yeah, well I downloaded the Linux version of DraftSight, but it requires a later version of libc6 than my Linux box runs. I ain't updating just for one bit of software that I may only use once. Therefore, I lost interest. Besides, why do I need to have CNC versions? My hand cut bespoke plates work just fine.

I don't need no stinkin' heel guards. Didn't have 'em on the last brackets, don't need 'em now. Very Happy

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:05 am

Your decision, I think Your plate would probably trigger a mass suicide at our 'world famous'  german TÜV who always wants to see some certifications  Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:45 am

What?
Him been certified long time fella.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:52 am

Rego check in Straya:

1. Tyres? Yes.
2. Blinkers work? Yes.
3. Headlight works? Yes.
4. Tail light works? Yes.
5. Licence plate light works? Yes.
6. Brake light works? Yes.

Pass.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:53 am

2highlander wrote:
Your decision, I think Your plate would probably trigger a mass suicide at our 'world famous'  german TÜV who always wants to see some certifications   Shocked

Luckily we haven't reached that level of absurdity yet here in Oz. Not for want of plenty of joyless idiots trying to make it so!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:03 am

beetle wrote:
Rego check in Straya:

1. Tyres? Yes.
2. Blinkers work? Yes.
3. Headlight works? Yes.
4. Tail light works? Yes.
5. Licence plate light works? Yes.
6. Brake light works? Yes.

Pass.

And that's in NSW! In some states they don't have yearly inspections at all! The only time an inspection is required is if the vehicle is changing hands! Go to Queensland and you'll see cars on the road that are little more than a filigree of rust with a hat inside!

Yes if you have a crash or get pulled over by the wallopers you can be 'Defected' on the spot and the vehicle will have to be towed to a repairer and then inspected before its allowed back on the road but unless it's stupid noisy, (And if you're a tool on a big Harley dressed as a thug not even then!) or is bleeding it's fluids all over the shop and has tyre's as bald as a 'tatter root they'll generally leave you alone!

Pete
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:39 am

Holy shit, You live in countries of milk and honey. With us, the TÜV guys must get fucked as best as you can. But most of the time this succeeds very well when it`s not too obvious .... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:10 am

Apropos "safety inspections, etc., one of the lighting requirements that baffles me is that for the tag/license plate.

Really?

When most cars and all cop cars have headlights and spots that seem to be Xenon searchlight bright.

I understand the rule's utility in providing justification for a traffic stop, to be followed in appropriate cases by a body-cavity search, ride to jail, and an an orange suit.

But, otherwise, seems a bit a vestige of days of yore and kerosene headlamps.

Curmudgeonly yours,

Bill

P.S.  My annoyance is unbecoming.  Am on third (snow)day of sitting by fire with Kathi as now.  Tough life. Wink

Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:21 pm

You need a Guzzi powered snowmobile Bill
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:58 pm

There's not much evidence of common sense in regulation by bureaucracy, and the lag between the real world & regulation is around 20 years.
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Boah, when seeing this I'm glad that weather slowly gets better here, leaving this shitty winter behind. I'm rather keen on testing a certain map for my BOS double gun.
Back to top Go down
WAC
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
WAC

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:39 am

2highlander wrote:
Hey beetle, send me a dxf of these plates and let me see what a cnc makes with it.

Beetle, I can create a DXF in AutoCad and send it to Highlander. Send me a photo with a tape measure showing the center to center of the two holes and
I can wing it from there. IMG files can be imported into Cad but the vertical vs horizontal scale is usually off. The tape measure will help with that.

WAC
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:58 am

OK.

Thumbs Up

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
avgpetro
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
avgpetro

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:50 am

Bill Hagan wrote:

My annoyance is unbecoming.  Am on third (snow)day of sitting by fire with Kathi as now.  Tough life. Wink

You need another Guzzi

Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:06 pm

Display of CNC shows:

WAITING FOR BEETLE PLATES...
Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:18 pm

brrrr! bugger that you have my sympathy bill and cathy, who holds the lantern for the wood cutter. Cairns the city in a tropical garden [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:33 pm

waterbottle wrote:
You need a Guzzi powered snowmobile Bill

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
MVH053
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MVH053

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:43 pm

Hi all.

Today was the perfect day to ride in NZ so why not. Rode from Rotorua to the Whangamomona pup for lunch and back again. 600 kms of glorious NZ twisty turny roads. GRiSO ran like a charm.

Mark
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Of course it was glorious in NZ! Cali Phil & I were just bemoaning the fact that we are usually over there this time of year when the low is sitting in the Tasman & dumping everything on Sydney.
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:21 pm

Out on skinny skis today thinking about the GRiSO!
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Footrest plates painted.

RH valve cover repaired and ready to paint.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next