GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+85
Todd442
GreggF
motor-timothy
XU12
DeepSpace
ITSecurity
MattF
kiwi dave
theTURN
f-man
cognosticator
nwryder
EricS
nblades
stdunkel
PunkScout
wardest
Pisano
Pete Roper
Street
sidrat
Charlie J
Bill Hagan
beetle
waterbottle
Steak
PilotJet
swagzz
sideshowbob
MalG
Hacky
not-fishing
cbxtc6
fredfrenzy
Stu400
Cantaloop
Guzzi Two Shoes
Broken Spoke
Omnis
GHTE
Triman023
anguscameron1966
Lemppari
Guzzi Cat
Patrik
Mandrake
pkroupa
Conor W
Brent S
b3177h
wayne68
relayer
bioman
Clancy
paulbrice
HCSO617
guzziownr
Ad B
zebraranger
petarzil
Grisonut
MVH053
avgpetro
WAC
LBC Tenni
2highlander
NorthernProducer
nwreed
bahamazoo
dennis the menace
H-E-ROSS
MrGPz
Nobleswood
Baross
Oz1200Guzzi
BradleyM
Bulldog9
Converted Duc
wardentm
mark111
rudolf35
Papa Lazarou
Il Griso
keenerkeen07
wyno
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:23 pm

This was along S2 from Scissors Junction to Ocotillio - the old stagecoach route - through the southern half of the Park.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:29 pm

Local metal sculptor does these large outside installations....there are elephants, horsed, T-Rex etc scattered around the desert, but my favorite is the Sea Serpent.....two beasts.

Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:54 pm

Fabulous looking riding area. Many thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:02 am

-10 C here in NJ with snow on the ground - not ideal riding weather. Thanks for sharing your trip and allowing us northern hemisphere folks to live vicariously through you.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:58 pm

Writing the final map iteration into the GRiSO 1400.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:52 pm

EricS wrote:
-10 C here in NJ with snow on the ground - not ideal riding
 weather. Thanks for sharing your trip and allowing us northern hemisphere folks to live vicariously through you.

I sympathize - but Southern California is in the northern hemisphere.    12 month a year riding is one of the reasons I'm in California.
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:58 pm

GHTE wrote:
Fabulous looking riding area. Many thanks for sharing

Some of he routes I rode over the holidays... a lot of twisties some highly technical and some great sweepers and fantastic views.  Temperature was in the mid 70F

If you ever get a chance the San Diego County back country has some great rides.

Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:45 pm

Took a ride on Fat GRiSO to Many Peaks township for an Ale. Then back home via the dirt though to the Highway. Not something I would do on Skinny GRiSO. Loose gravel , puckering of sphincters etc   Shocked  Laughing
Edit : I’m running a std exhaust, with one of Marks Maps. Returned 5.2 litres/ 100 km indicated with the occasional excursion into the Go To Jail, do not pass go speed range Laughing

Last edited by waterbottle on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:00 am

I had puckering of sphincter! I rode skinny GRiSO into the hills. On the way down, I went stupid fast. Bugger the double demerits! Stock Squad coppers can't catch me! Had a couple of tanks slappers over the rough shit. I think the steering head bearings might need te-torquing. Fuck me, if a bit of poo didn't come out. It just made me go faster! This 1400 is fecking awesome! Thanks Pete and Michael! Oh yeah. Kisses for you! I'll have your baby!

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:06 am

beetle wrote:
Thanks Pete and Michael! Oh yeah. Kisses for you! I'll have your baby!
cheers  

Shocked pale affraid, and this is why I do my own work, I don’t want this happening...... again Laughing
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:16 am

Just got back from Griffith in central NSW. It's hot there, 40 celcius the first 2 days and the roads are mostly flat and boringly straight. They do have good wine there though. I went to the McWilliams winery and bought 6 bottles of their Durif. The sales guy asked me what sort of bike I rode and I said a Moto Guzzi and he started laughing. Then he asked me which model and I said a GRiSO and he laughed some more. Then he told me that his best friend in Melbourne rode a GRiSO and had it serviced by Pete but had a major prang on it when she was hit by a driver coming out of a side street and who did not give way. She was in hospital for about 6 months with broken bones and head injuries but is now back to almost full health and is riding again. We chatted some more and we found out that we were born 4km apart in the east of Victoria. So I got the wine at a discount and he didn't charge me for transport costs.
The pic show the GRiSO with all my stuff on it just after I got home. 2 folding chairs, a Redverz tent, a waterproof bag with sleeping bag, air bed and other stuff, plus more stuff in the 2 panniers. Who says you can't tour on a GRiSO?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:30 am

Good on you Wyno, so your true to name then Laughing
I have a friend with a farm there, on the nth west side. High temps and drinking red wine ...... never worked so good for me No

Last edited by waterbottle on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:31 am

Great restaurants there, too, Michael.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:37 am

We went to Fresco. It's superb seafood restaurant in the industrial area and is inside a set of converted containers. Really good. The other one we wanted to try was Limone, supposed to be one of the top 3 in Griffith.
And drinking red wine, it's only too hot if it's over 50 c. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:19 am

So many posts here from 30 December on; had missed 'em all.  Three little grands were here for last few days and I'm still recovering.  

Here they are in one of their very few moments of not moving at Mach speeds. Budding narcissists all, they are watching pix of themselves roll on the screen below. Very Happy

Anyway, we fell asleep after they left last evening hours before the ball dropped, and just awoke.  

Now, the morning after -- and after a jolt of java -- it was fun to go through the great reading and pix here.  

That is especially so as our weather is disgusting this week.  Apologies for not translating into furrin celcius numbers.  Wink

On the bright side, it's an excuse to go down to the Moto Grappa and do nothing except dream about riding.  My four sweet beasts are huddled on the heated side and no doubt telling tales of how close they came to doom in '17 by my incompetence on warmer days.  Rolling Eyes

Anyway, thanks for the stories and photos.  Great stuff.

Felice Anno Nuovo!

Bill
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:27 am

fredfrenzy wrote:
I sympathize - but Southern California is in the northern hemisphere.    12 month a year riding is one of the reasons I'm in California.

Son #2 went to UCSC (University of California Santa Cruz for you non-Californians) Also have some extended family in the Davis area. Had some wonderful times riding there but too many ties to cut in NJ to leave.

Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:16 am

got a warranty claim approved! The rear disc and carriers are rusted to buggery.
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:03 am

EricS wrote:
fredfrenzy wrote:

Son #2 went to UCSC (University of California Santa Cruz for you non-Californians) Also have some extended family in the Davis area. Had some wonderful times riding there but too many ties to cut in NJ to leave.

We have some great riding here....I'm a few blocks from UCSC - so easy to zip up Empire Grade for a quick run.
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:56 am

Took a 500k loop alone on backroads Perth to Dunsborough and then reverse a few days later after soaking up rays and beach. Fantastic. Main roads supposedly full of caravans and radars - roads further east were empty and very enjoyable. GRiSO was perfect. Note to me: Need to do something about the custom seat the previous owner put on her or find a way of focussing red wine molecules to necessay parts of backside. Research project for 2018.

(& started up 900s2 today. Magic bevel sound. Might take her for a run tomorrow. Preparing the wrists..)
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:17 pm

Took the long way from Brisbane to Maryborough via Beerawah and Ahearns Rd. A bit steep to start off , but lots of smooth sweeping corners. Chicken strips gone Laughing

“I shouldn’t have turned to Stone, should have bought a Fat GRiSO”

Last edited by waterbottle on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:53 pm

Great country around Maleny
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:20 pm

Steep!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:43 pm

Found my next car
It does look a little bit like an old girlfriend Shocked Suspect

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:00 pm

I wouldn't mind winning one of those prize home round Maleny/ Yandina. Great bike roads round there, and you're right Street, some of them are really steep.
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:53 am

Cleared snow off the driveway and hooked up the Battery Tender. It's friggin -12C this morning with a wind chill of -23C.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 29 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next