GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+85
Todd442
GreggF
motor-timothy
XU12
DeepSpace
ITSecurity
MattF
kiwi dave
theTURN
f-man
cognosticator
nwryder
EricS
nblades
stdunkel
PunkScout
wardest
Pisano
Pete Roper
Street
sidrat
Charlie J
Bill Hagan
beetle
waterbottle
Steak
PilotJet
swagzz
sideshowbob
MalG
Hacky
not-fishing
cbxtc6
fredfrenzy
Stu400
Cantaloop
Guzzi Two Shoes
Broken Spoke
Omnis
GHTE
Triman023
anguscameron1966
Lemppari
Guzzi Cat
Patrik
Mandrake
pkroupa
Conor W
Brent S
b3177h
wayne68
relayer
bioman
Clancy
paulbrice
HCSO617
guzziownr
Ad B
zebraranger
petarzil
Grisonut
MVH053
avgpetro
WAC
LBC Tenni
2highlander
NorthernProducer
nwreed
bahamazoo
dennis the menace
H-E-ROSS
MrGPz
Nobleswood
Baross
Oz1200Guzzi
BradleyM
Bulldog9
Converted Duc
wardentm
mark111
rudolf35
Papa Lazarou
Il Griso
keenerkeen07
wyno
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:34 pm

cognosticator wrote:
I am also putting highway pegs on the crash bars to give some relief on longer rides.  

What's your plan for this? I don't want to do it myself, but my curiosity is piqued.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:02 am

beetle wrote:
cognosticator wrote:
I am also putting highway pegs on the crash bars to give some relief on longer rides.  

What's your plan for this? I don't want to do it myself, but my curiosity is piqued.

My plan is to be able to ride 300-500 mile days, and be able to relax my hip/legs and relieve the ass pressure. On a 320 mile ride to eat a couple of weeks ago I was in pain and discomfort on the last 100 mile leg to the house. At 68 years old and a new left hip and back operation the old joints and muscles don't work like they use to. It helps for me to be able to stretch my legs out to get a different angle on the joints. I was in pain when I got home and not enjoyable, and I took an aleve (naproxen sodium pain reliever) and it helps some. I have recently (3 weeks now) gotten back in the gym and working out again to help strengthen the muscles/joints in hopes that will help.

I tried standing up om the pegs but don't want to look like a GS wannabe LOL which I had and it was easier to stand up on that bike.

I hope that answers your question.
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:40 am

Don't complain too much, I'm 8 years younger and................

Changing a headlight bulb on my car a week ago, lying under the bonnet cursing and swearing and I hear a loud crack. So I stood up to see which bit of plastic bumper/light/radiator/shroud/engine cover I had just busted. Couldn't see anything obvious, so I got down under the car to see what debris was on the ground. Nothing?

Getting up I felt a sharp pain in my side, it was a busted rib! silent
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:58 am

cognosticator wrote:

Not at all. I meant, how/where will you attach the highway pegs?

Very Happy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:00 am

ghezzi wrote:
Don't complain too much, I'm 8 years younger and................

Changing a headlight bulb on my car a week ago, lying under the bonnet cursing and swearing and I hear a loud crack. So I stood up to see which bit of plastic bumper/light/radiator/shroud/engine cover I had just busted. Couldn't see anything obvious, so I got down under the car to see what debris was on the ground. Nothing?

Getting up I felt a sharp pain in my side, it was a busted rib! silent

Shocked
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:33 am

beetle wrote:
cognosticator wrote:

Not at all. I meant, how/where will you attach the highway pegs?

Very Happy

LOL, I guess I didn't understand the quesion.

When I get them, I will determine where on the crash bars they need to go for me. Here is what the pegs look like

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:53 am

Rode the remapped GRiSO today - Ohhh Baby!

starts better
throttle much snappier but more has better modulation when navigating wet roundabouts
pulls full throttle from 2000rpm (used to be around 3000pm)
snap open at 5000rpm and you'd better get ready to shift before it hits the limiter

Thank you Mr. Beetle
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:10 pm

First decent day in what seems like forever. The sun was shining, still only got up to 5'C.

Took GRiSO for a blast down the coast, outstanding Smile

Ailsa Craig in the background.

Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:48 pm

G'day Angus
Greetings from Tasmania
Sweet pic ......
Thanks for posting
Take care
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:13 pm

Looks like a nice bit of country there abouts Angus. Thanks for sending.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:58 pm

Took a ride to Moto Moda ville.

Stopped for a wiz at Wallendbeen.

Looks like I'll have to be careful...

Then onto Murrumbateman for fuel, and fuel....

Later, at the Moto Moda office....

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:14 am

A colourful gaggle of GRiSO. Going by that sign a Wallenbeen, I reckon you were lucky to get out of there unscathed.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:38 am

I got to ride both Pete's and Michael's GRiSO's.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:20 am

A group of GRiSO's ........gaggle ? could it be a 'flock', 'herd', ......ect
What do you reacon ?
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:27 am

how about a 'muscle' of GRiSOs???
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:27 am

wait, what about a 'flex' of GRiSOs????
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:20 am

This was actually the first time since it has been mapped up properly that we were able to compare the 1400 to other bikes and the results were both interesting and fun.

Marks bike was already very nicely set up, I'm still chasing the degree of suspension subtlety his machine has, it's a real 'Magic Carpet'. Brakes are astonishing too. It was the motors we really wanted to compare though.

The bottom line is that at any engine speed the 1400 will just toss out significantly more torque than its smaller sibling. Even with my great lardiness on board same gear roll-ons had it pulling away a significant number of bike lengths over both my and Michael's 1200's. When we swapped machines and Michael, (Who is a midget who probably weighs 75kg wringing wet!) was piloting it it simply vanished into the distance. It's a superb, hill flattening, *Road* motor.

Because of the extra weight of some of the componentry the rev limit has been dropped from 9,000 to 8,250 but on the road this makes zero difference as that is still 'Stop riding and spend some time in gaol' territory in terms of speed. If you want a 300kph bullet? Buy a 'Bussa already!

It doesn't matter which gear you're in or really where you are in the rev range. Snap the throttle open and things start happening, fast! It really excells between 6,000 and 7,750 where the torque really is prodigious.

No doubt people will want to know "How much more power does it make?". The answer to that is "Very little, if any!" That was never the aim and we certainly aren't going to be rushing off to the dyno any time soon as we're not interested in any sort of pissing contest. It is though everything that we were hoping to achieve and bloody good fun! If anyone else wants one we now have the know-how to repeat the build. It wasn't cheap. Whether it's worth it depends entirely on your perspective.

Pete
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:46 am

Pete Roper wrote:
If anyone else wants one we now have the know-how to repeat the build. It wasn't cheap. Whether it's worth it depends entirely on your perspective.

Pete

I wonder the cost to ship my bike to you, have the work done, then shipped back to me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:52 pm

Jerry, that would require you to accompany the bike to the doctor's. Then you would have to meet and greet many of us, you will drink copious amounts of beer, you will learn a new language, you will get to see many "test tracks". All in all, it would be the adventure of your lifetime, but you will need to bring your sense of humour - if you don't have one, don't come!

So, when are you arriving?
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:42 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Jerry, that would require you to accompany the bike to the doctor's. Then you would have to meet and greet many of us, you will drink copious amounts of beer, you will learn a new language, you will get to see many "test tracks". All in all, it would be the adventure of your lifetime, but you will need to bring your sense of humour - if you don't have one, don't come!

So, when are you arriving?

Sense of humor isn't a problem, I would hope y'all really have a good one. Not many serious bones in this old body.

I did get a couple of lottery tickets today so here is hoping. When I win LOL I will give you an update, when does winter start down under?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:09 pm

It gets cooler but we ride all year around. Technically, it's when you have summer - 180 degrees out of phase - we are at the other end of the earth after all...
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:45 pm

I was wondering if the extra grunt had much impact on turn-in/direction change.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:32 pm

Nup.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:47 pm

What's it sound like?

Would love to see/hear vid of that compo. cheers

Heck, you could call it a "smackdown" or "shootout" and be just like a moto-"journalist."  Wink

Bill

Last edited by Bill Hagan on Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:03 pm

GHTE wrote:
I was wondering if the extra grunt had much impact on turn-in/direction change.

The only change would be braking for every corner a little earlier, as you arrive there sooner .................. and with greater velocity.
FIGJAM was smart enough to upgrade brakes and suspension first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next