GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+85
Todd442
GreggF
motor-timothy
XU12
DeepSpace
ITSecurity
MattF
kiwi dave
theTURN
f-man
cognosticator
nwryder
EricS
nblades
stdunkel
PunkScout
wardest
Pisano
Pete Roper
Street
sidrat
Charlie J
Bill Hagan
beetle
waterbottle
Steak
PilotJet
swagzz
sideshowbob
MalG
Hacky
not-fishing
cbxtc6
fredfrenzy
Stu400
Cantaloop
Guzzi Two Shoes
Broken Spoke
Omnis
GHTE
Triman023
anguscameron1966
Lemppari
Guzzi Cat
Patrik
Mandrake
pkroupa
Conor W
Brent S
b3177h
wayne68
relayer
bioman
Clancy
paulbrice
HCSO617
guzziownr
Ad B
zebraranger
petarzil
Grisonut
MVH053
avgpetro
WAC
LBC Tenni
2highlander
NorthernProducer
nwreed
bahamazoo
dennis the menace
H-E-ROSS
MrGPz
Nobleswood
Baross
Oz1200Guzzi
BradleyM
Bulldog9
Converted Duc
wardentm
mark111
rudolf35
Papa Lazarou
Il Griso
keenerkeen07
wyno
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:59 am

^^^^^^

That orange and black livery is growing on me. Sort of Harleyesque. cheers

Seriously, wish I could get my GRiSO dirty, but spring is still coy here, with snow and sleet predicted today, and even more snow in a couple of days. Sad

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:13 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:

Sort of Harleyesque. cheers

Shocked

Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:51 pm

Harleyesque?
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:37 pm

It was a joke, so don't send a sniper to take me out!  Shocked

The Motor Company has, I think study , protected as trade dress the orange & black livery, at least WRT its shield.

Your GRiSO looks great! cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:57 pm

Feck snipers, I'm sending you Russians. That should be Uralesque enough. ..
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Papa Lazarou wrote:
Feck snipers, I'm sending you Russians. That should be Uralesque enough. ..

Shocked affraid Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:41 pm

Man, am I glad we finally got to page forty on this thread, it was driving me batshit reading that extra-wide page thirty-nine. Carry on...

...I like the orange too, Mark, FWIW.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:02 pm

On the weekend I rode GRiSO up to Kandos to catch up with Charlie J and interfere with his Audace. It's a 409km ride, and the road between Bathurst and Kandos is fantastic. The ride up was great. I cruised up to Bathurst and got 6 litres/100km (16.6 km/l). Which I'm pretty happy with. I then went silly and did some low flying (including boot scraping) from Sofala to Kandos. The only downside was the roadworks. GRiSO got covered in roadbase, and the front of the engine got sandblasted.

Ian p was there too! I ogled his lovely red 850, and then, just for grins, remapped it. I think he was surprised and taken aback about the ease of the operation. cheers

Dinner Saturday night was huge. I ordered the "large Chicken Kiev", thinking it was a just a bigger version of the "small Chicken Kiev", that is, a slightly larger Kiev. Nope, it was two regular Kiev's on a mountain of chips designed to emulate Everest.

There was also black beer, Jack Daniels, and a generous glass of Port.

The ride home on Sunday was shite. It was pretty good crossing the mountains to Bathurst, right up until I encountered an '83 BMW. I could tell it was an '83 because it has real skinny tyres. And it's rego was BMW 83. I was only about 20km from Bathurst, so I decided to just follow him. Except he kept slowing down and speeding up. As his pace was slower than I liked, I decided to go past. He must have sensed my decision, because he suddenly decided it was invitation to race. Except it was a race I wasn't interested in. He was all over the road like a madwoman's shit, frequently crossing the double lines. When he overtook a car on a blind uphill corner (with double lines), I decided he was a dickhead and just followed the car into town. I caught up with him again at a roundabout, and he almost dropped it turning right, so that sealed his fate. Definitely a dickhead.

Past Bathurst it got really windy. Gale forced, actually. I was being blown all over the lane, and was frequently banked over into the wind to stay upright. It didn't help that it was 36 degrees. Then I encountered the dust storms. Fer feck's sake!

When I got to Junee, the temperature dropped to 29. It was refreshing. Yes, 29 degrees C was refreshing. However, once through Junee, I encountered a cluster of squids. Pootling along at 90. There was about 15 of them. I rounded them all up on a sweeper, but that was clearly an act of war. Shortly after, 5 of them went past me, there inline fours making that insipid whining noise. They were all hunched over there tanks like it was race day. Then they slowed down again!

When I got home, my neck was sore as buggery and I ached all over. I thought it best to wash the roadbase off, but the pressure washer had given up the ghost, so I had to wash it by hand. I tell you, I didn't need much rockin' to get to sleep last night.

Sleep

In GRiSO we trust!

Last edited by beetle on Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:13 pm

Good story mark. Was Charlie suitably impressed with your interference? Is Ian a happy camper now?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:29 pm

Ian's was pinging a bit, hence the remap. Made it slightly more rich across the board. He was going to report in after riding it for a bit.

We got the wideband controllers and sensors into the Audace. We fed the 0-5V wideband signal into the ECU and it's showing the voltage in GuzziDiag. Win!

I made a SAS fooler, but were not so sure about that. On Saturday, there was nothing to indicate a problem. But on Sunday morn, the check engine light came on. No error codes, though. Needs investigation.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:30 pm

The Squiddy Dickhead quotient was probably high because the Superbikes were on at Wakefield Park this weekend. Saturday morning you couldn't move for blokes older than us all strutting about thinking they were Troy Baylis in embarrassingly tight leathers and riding 'Bussas. Knobs to a man.

Jude and I rode down through the Tindery Ranges to Breadalbane, (Pleasant.) then back through that same shitty dust storm to Gundaroo for pizzas. Hot and dusty, bleargh!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:40 pm

I rode back from Sydney yesterday afternoon.
After being stuck in standstill traffic in the M5 tunnel for over half an hour (choke, choke) I finally emerged to the refreshing 41C air being fuelled by that cyclonic wind.
I had to stop at each & every roadhouse to re-hydrate and ease the neck & shoulder aches from straining against the wind.
Four hours later I pulled into the driveway, removed my C-Bow bags and dropped one which smashed the C-Bow bracket.
I gave up & had a beer........then I had another.
Back to top Go down
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:18 am

Glad I went out on Saturday and don’t wait till Sunday. Sunday im Cobar was 41 degrees and the same shitty, gales that everyone else in NSW seemed to be copping. With the country being so dry and bare, it was non-stop dust all day. Took the dogs out for a run on the oval late in the arvo but even they weren’t having much fun. Might regret saying this in a couple of months but I’m looking forward to cooler weather.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:16 am

^^^^^^

Great stuff, Mark & all.  I ran it through Google Translate and think I picked up near 90% of it.  jocolor

Have to say that while I very much appreciate our guttural Guzzis over the UJM fours, I enjoy listening to all motos -- except "straight pipe" HD's -- ripping up the road to the front of our house, and thus never thought of their sound as an "insipid whining noise."  Instead, I think of ripping silk.  [Yes, you may take it from there.  Wink ]

Hope you haven't ruined that for me. Very Happy

Even though it's a nice day here, and the last for a bit, we need to finish getting those forsythias in, so no GRiSO or any other moto riding today for me. Sad

Tho those here who can, DO! cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Sad

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:08 pm

Cables ties and Araldite.

-------

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40