GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Tail bag

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tjo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tjo

GRiSO Tail bag  Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO Tail bag    GRiSO Tail bag  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:07 am

Hi Grisoers

can someone tell or show me how the original Moto Guzzi GRiSO tail bag looks like from the bottom? Can't find any photos on the net. I've seen however that the bags advertised as for the Breva and the Nevada seem to have the same attachment hinges on the bottom of the bag. I was wondering whether the GRiSO's is the same too. I do have the original GRiSO rack on the bike.

This is how the breva (not sure whether 750 or 1100/1200) tail bag attachment looks like:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks for any help.

Tamas
Griso1100
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO Tail bag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tail bag    GRiSO Tail bag  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:43 am

Looks like a Tekno bag fitting. They made the factory panniers with the same mount so I'd guess they're the same. I have a set of Tekno bags originally for a a V11 that I use on my GRiSO 'Factory' racks.

Pete
Back to top Go down
tjo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tjo

GRiSO Tail bag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tail bag    GRiSO Tail bag  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:59 am

Hi Pete

thanks for the quick info. I found a pic showing the same tail bag attaching to a rack:

Apparently the two mount hooks into two bars, but the GRiSO's rack is pretty different with basically no cross bars where the hooks could fit.

If someone has a photo of the original GRiSO tail bag's mount that would be great.

Thanks
Tamas
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO Tail bag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tail bag    GRiSO Tail bag  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:12 am

Is yours the 'Factory' rack? If so it should fit.

Pete
Back to top Go down

GRiSO Tail bag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tail bag    GRiSO Tail bag  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:16 am

K-Drive saddle bags use the same attachment mechanism as well.
Back to top Go down
tjo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tjo

GRiSO Tail bag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tail bag    GRiSO Tail bag  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:21 am

Hi Pete
yes, it's the factory rack, this one:

I don't really see where the bigger, rear hook of the bag's mount attaches on this one.

Back to top Go down
tjo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tjo

GRiSO Tail bag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tail bag    GRiSO Tail bag  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:29 am

In the meantime I found a pic showing that the original MG GRiSO soft pannier has got the same mount type:

But here the side rack has clearly two parallel bars where the hooks can hook in. The rack though does not have two such parallel bars one behind the other.

Still, if someone has a pic of the original GRiSO tail bag, shown from below, it would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
avgpetro
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
avgpetro

GRiSO Tail bag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tail bag    GRiSO Tail bag  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:22 am

Guzzi's bag for the tail rack, has a "pocket" sewed to the bottom, that slides around the rack and gets tied by...... - can't remeber the English word, those things that are like flat ropes?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO Tail bag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tail bag    GRiSO Tail bag  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:20 am

avgpetro wrote:
Guzzi's bag for the tail rack, has a "pocket" sewed to the bottom, that slides around the rack and gets tied by...... - can't remeber the English word, those things that are like flat ropes?

Straps? Velcro straps?
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

GRiSO Tail bag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tail bag    GRiSO Tail bag  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:38 pm

Here's the tail bag you're talking about:

And here's the bottom side. Sewn-in pocket slips onto tail rack, held in place by webbing straps with plastic buckles.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

GRiSO Tail bag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tail bag    GRiSO Tail bag  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Tail bag
Page 1 of 1