GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Boring experience

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

Boring experience Empty
PostSubject: Boring experience   Boring experience Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:37 am

Hi;
I had to change inner spark plugs. Why? Because by silly mistake, I put diesel instead of gasoline in the tank and tried to start GRiSO. (don't ask me how did I do this silly thing. It is a long story)  So... I had to remove gas tank, clean the tank and injectors and had to change spark plugs. Removing of outer spark plugs took only 5 minutes but inners... Ohhh boy! I found out that I must have special tool to remove that Ferrari type PMR8Bs which I didn't have. Here is no Moto Guzzi service. I started to visit all of the bike services starting from BMW to Kawa but none of them have that pipe type 16mm wrench with only 1mm thickness to fit that... hole. Than I seached through internet for 05.90.19.30 and found in 3 sites. In US it was $112, In Germany €59 and in UK pound 28. They both were a lot of money for just to remove 2 f...ing spark plugs.
After 4 days I tought I better do this tool by myself. So,... Now I have it and works well. Cost me $5
If anyone need it I can send it for $5 plus postage (which costs around $8 by Turkish PTT registered small package)
Cheers
Onur
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

Boring experience Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boring experience   Boring experience Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:25 am

Clean the tank, fuel lines and injectors.
If you want celan the main plugs but the others will self clean once the bike starts.
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

Boring experience Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boring experience   Boring experience Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:31 am

Well... Some mechanic in Ducati service told me that I had to change both sparc plugs. So I did. Anyway, my GRiSO has 42000km and it is the first time changing inner plugs. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

Boring experience Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boring experience   Boring experience Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:18 am

I ground down a plug socket until it fit .......... just.
When the heads come off, I'll bore the fins to a greater diameter, because I can.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Boring experience Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boring experience   Boring experience Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:07 am

I have this (or clone) for similar challenge on my '07 Norge: Inner Plug Tool

Works like a champ.

Once watched a dealer grind down a Snap-On socket to do the job.   Shocked

Bill
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

Boring experience Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boring experience   Boring experience Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:15 am

Bill, Inner plug tool sells in Amazon but unfortunately they don't ship it to Turkey. Anyway, I made the similar tool with 1/4 of the price Laughing
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Boring experience Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boring experience   Boring experience Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Holds true for me!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

Boring experience Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boring experience   Boring experience Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:02 am

True Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boring experience Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boring experience   Boring experience Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Boring experience
Page 1 of 1