GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The world's largest aircraft

Go down 
+2
sidrat
Stu400
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stu400
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Stu400

The world's largest aircraft Empty
PostSubject: The world's largest aircraft   The world's largest aircraft Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: The world's largest aircraft   The world's largest aircraft Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:16 am

it looks larger than the hangers! and they are huge
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The world's largest aircraft   The world's largest aircraft Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:28 am

I remember driving past the old airship hangars in Bedfordshire when I was a kid in the back of my Dad's Austin A60! I still notice them even now while droning up the M11 when visiting. I didn't realise they were still in use. I thought they might be owned by the National Trust or some such?

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: The world's largest aircraft   The world's largest aircraft Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:05 pm

Nice pic Stu, thanks for posting ......
Have a great day
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: The world's largest aircraft   The world's largest aircraft Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:39 pm

Kathi wonders --sometimes aloud and somewhat disrespectfully Sad Wink  -- when I emote about or watch aircraft.

I have never really liked flying itself, but have always been drawn to aircraft as the wonderful machines that they are.

Thanks for posting.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Steveo
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Steveo

PostSubject: Re: The world's largest aircraft   The world's largest aircraft Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:32 pm

Also responsible for the worlds slowest crash landing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Stu400
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Stu400

PostSubject: Re: The world's largest aircraft   The world's largest aircraft Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:28 am

Thanks for the comments guys. The Hangars or 'sheds' as is correct for Airships are just 10 mins or so from me. It's great to see them back in use for their intended purpose again. I've been in shed 1 and yes it is huge. Over 800 feet long. To put that in perspective Titanic would have only had about 70feet sticking out.
Shed 2 (nearest) is mostly used for filming. The 2 recent Star Wars films used them extensively and Gotham city was built inside for one of the Batman films.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The world's largest aircraft   The world's largest aircraft Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The world's largest aircraft
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: