GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

el cheapo datalogging

Go down 
+8
christian91
Oz1200Guzzi
Pete Roper
Uzidzit
Steak
davem
beetle
pauldaytona
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:02 am

The above sample is from a breva 1200 innovate with an mtxl where the analog output goes in the lambda sensor connector. Even if the lambda is switched off, the voltage is readable in diagnostics.
Only one wire from the mtxl to the 4 pin lambda connetor. A second wire can come from that 4 pind connector to feed the fiat adapter. Switched power there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:33 pm

I cannot get mine to connect to the ecu - keep getting "turn key off/on" message. Any knowledge of this? 1200 Sport 2V

Thanks Tony
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:40 am

I had to buy another bluetooth connector for it to work (see earlier post) Also it would not run with the Torque app (for the car) on the phone for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:18 am

Thanks Dave - purchased rubbish then - though mine looks the same as yours...
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:25 pm

There seems to be some rubbish out there masquerading as a useful item. Mark, Pete, what version of the bluetooth diag kit did you get and where from. thanks

Tony
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:59 pm

Tony,

I got mine from ebay. I just checked, the seller has one listed right now: CLICKY

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Thanks Mark,

Just purchased it.

Tony
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:41 pm

I'm not using a BT device. If I want to datalog I have PADS which allows me to record several data streams and then download them to the PC.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Thanks Pete.

Next time I'm down that way, I'll have to have a bo-peep!

Tony
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:32 am

Tony, Christian the one who makes scanm5x send me this for you:

For oz1200guzzi
If you see "try off/on" your elm and the bt connection is right, the ecu return nothing and elm say "enabled to connect"
1 control the key on, <10 sec
2 control the wiring elm to ecu.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:52 am

I think I tried that Paul - no go - will try again though just to make sure...

Thanks
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:27 am

Well I have a few logs done now (sadly no AFR data) and the software has been most useful. Being able to blank out certain data lines from the graph helps reading it easier.
Somewhere Paul Daytona mentioned the change in air temperature entering the airbox on a run. My logs were done on a stretch of dual carriageway with little traffic and even then the data showed varying temperature readings especially slowing down when the airbox would recieve a boost of hotter air. It would be interesting to know how well the ecu copes with this sudden change to warmer less dense air and could this be another factor in the popping on the overrun saga.

Last edited by davem on Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:32 am

Dave, you do have a lambda unit too? If it can give a linear voltage output from 0-5 volt over the lambda range you can feed it in the ecu.
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:44 am

I have a NGK afr meter with a wide band lambda sensor. It has two extra wires to connect to a dataogger but I still don't understand how connect it to the ecu. I take the app will pick up the voltage from there and show up on the graphing software.
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:49 am

What sort of voltage does the ngk thing give? Somewhere a manual on internet about that thing?

What we do: take the positive output that gives 0 to 5 volt, and connect it to the lambda input pin of the original lambda sensor input. you take out original lambda plug and use a 4 pin male superseal to plug in there. I use the 12volt output for the fiat connector and the input to feed lambda signal to the ecu.
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:59 am

I suppose you have this one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Then the yellow wire goes to the superseal. And it has a linear output so that is fine, only need you own formula for a and b
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:00 am

Yes that is it Paul I get the idea. If you have any pictures or diagrams it would help thanks.

edit: Is it possible to wire the wideband sensor direct to the ecu or do you have to have the meter connected?
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:45 am

No you will need the electronics in the meter to convert the lambda signal to something usable. But you could stick the thing under the saddle when all is working. You can use your phone as display if you like.
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:24 am

On the lambda connector form your bike, Pin 1 is where your yellow wire from the NTK goes, pin 4 is switched 12v + There you can connect the red croc from the fiat adapter, then it won't drain the battery. So get a 4 pin male superseal, and goto work. Where you are busy and still have questions: ask.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:26 pm

Paul,

No go on that process - purchased a dead one! I have another on its way so hopefully this one should work - this one is the same as Beetle's
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:24 pm

Sigh! Sigh!

After spending over 30 years in the IT sector - I still fail to get either of my Bluetooth devices to talk to the bike. I have one the same as DaveM and another the same as Mark Beetle.

What the heck am I doing wrong. Mark, can you do a dumb idiot's guide please?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:00 am

Connect OBD2 dongle to 3 to 16 pin adapter. Connect to Diagnostic port. Connect power. Dongle will light up.

Switch on keyswitch.

Take an Android device with Scan5Mx tools.

Open the app. It will scan for BlueTooth devices. Choose your device.

Then you can do stuff.

Relaxen und watch das blinkenlights as your ECU and Scan5Mx talky

Simples!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:57 pm

Alas, she no go for me! Either of them following this process leads to frustration and pissed-off-ness
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:01 pm

So where does it go wrong? what phone/android version?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Paul,

I have a Samsung Galaxy XCover phone and a Samsung Tab2 7" tablet - both running 4.1.2. I would imagine that this could actually be the issue, as everything else works, the cable, the Bluetooth dongles, even Scanm5x communicates and connects to the dongle but no comms to the ECU.

Where it goes wrong is after "Setting ELM" and "ELM OK" messages appear. Presumably at this stage the ELM/Android is trying to communicate with the ECu. Then I get the "Turn Key Off/On" message.

So frustrating...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: el cheapo datalogging    el cheapo datalogging  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

el cheapo datalogging
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next