GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Galling threads pssd off /annoyed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

Galling threads pssd off /annoyed Empty
PostSubject: Galling threads pssd off /annoyed   Galling threads pssd off /annoyed Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:11 pm

just Venting here, I have yet to touch any aprillia / euro bike in the last 10 years that has not galled 1 or more of the fasteners of the ones I had to remove to do a repair / maint. operation.  This only happens the first time I remove a factory part because it gets loctite or anti-sieze as app. upon re-assembly (low strength loctite prevents galling btw).  Just annoyed  I had to pull one of the four screws to mount the cannister for my penske rear shock(I changed the mount)  The ones under the tail section with the spools for the cargo net and as per usual the one I need to remove galled and I had to re-tap the frame hole....fckn Mad Mad Mad Mad   (and as per usual it was the only one of the four that was seized damnit)   and I just keep a several BOXES OF THOSE MFING PANEL CLIPS....I keep good ones not those pieces of shit Every damn EURO bike maker uses.   come on EVERY JAPANESE factory has figured out how well wellnuts work...........and PUSH rivits......I'd love to shove a gross of those trim nuts up some "stragic procurement/ buyers" rectal orifice because that is where they belong

The only good thing is you can easily replace threads that are screwed up on the frame mounting tabs with little drama.....that said I can't remember ever having one go south of its own accord on a Japanese bike, unless it was ham head stupid tech with a wrench that did it.

5mm
6mm
trim clips
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Go stuff your Trim clips and learn to Tap a dam hole straight and do not use steel of identical hardness / composition completely dry with power assembly tools  you moron manufacturing engineers.....Damn  or check your intards work...this is design 101.....

Now why is that one screw in my stelvio oil pan tight...not touching the pan....and not removable....I guess we will never know till I have to drop the pan.... Rolling Eyes

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID.....BUT YOU CAN STUN IT AND SLOW IT DOWN WITH A 2X4

rANT oVER

nOW wASN'T tHAT iMMATURE
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Galling threads pssd off /annoyed   Galling threads pssd off /annoyed Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:30 pm

affraid 
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Galling threads pssd off /annoyed   Galling threads pssd off /annoyed Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:18 pm

Jon..tell us what you really think...  Razz 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: Galling threads pssd off /annoyed   Galling threads pssd off /annoyed Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:04 am

I'll do a short tutorial on thd repair, and avoiding it and be more constructive very soon....Maybe this should have been under experience forum Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Galling threads pssd off /annoyed   Galling threads pssd off /annoyed Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Galling threads pssd off /annoyed
Page 1 of 1