12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Guzzi's Ride

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GhostBullet
Squinternotto
Squinternotto

PostSubject: Guzzi's Ride   Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi All,
Been a while, but a few weeks ago took a journey to a motorcycle rally, which was awesome... Three Guzzi's together, the GRiSO the "best" one of course. Very Happy

Here is a clip of the highlights of the trip.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi's Ride   Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:56 pm

Thanks for. That. Brings back memory & incites an itch.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi's Ride   Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:07 pm

Great Vid, not been down those roads since the 80's when i last lived at home, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Street
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi's Ride   Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:32 pm

Cool video, looks like a great trip. What's the story with the taped up valve cover at 5:50?
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
GhostBullet
Squinternotto
Squinternotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi's Ride   Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:07 am

The tape was an attempt to keep the oil in, the guy lost two of the cover bolts on the road and needed a quick fix, as oil was being spat out. Lost a litre, some of quick was sprayed over me while following. The next village(Fox Glacier) a couple of tap washers and bolts sealed things up for the next 500km home.
Back to top Go down
wyno
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi's Ride   Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:08 am

Great vid. The roads look awesome. Heather and I want to go to New Zealand next year. We're hoping to rent a Guzzi and ride at least one of the islands.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi's Ride   Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:21 am

GhostBullet wrote:
The tape was an attempt to keep the oil in, the guy lost two of the cover bolts on the road and needed a quick fix, as oil was being spat out. Lost a litre, some of quick was sprayed over me while following. The next village(Fox Glacier) a couple of tap washers and bolts sealed things up for the next 500km home.

I dunno if you're aware of them but one of the common causes of loosening rocker cover bolts and oil leaks from rocker covers on the 1100's is the original factory gaskets being prone to rupturing and blowing out around the bolt holes. Why, after forty years, the last of the 2 valvers suddenly started doing this when essentially nothing about the design has changed I have zero idea but they do!

The answer is to get a couple of the coated metal gaskets made by Valpolini, not only can you re-use them time and time again but they won't rip and steadfastly refuse to leak!

Pete
Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Squinternotto
Squinternotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi's Ride   Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:46 am

Pete Roper wrote:
GhostBullet wrote:

I dunno if you're aware of them but one of the common causes of loosening rocker cover bolts and oil leaks from rocker covers on the 1100's is the original factory gaskets being prone to rupturing and blowing out around the bolt holes. Why, after forty years, the last of the 2 valvers suddenly started doing this when essentially nothing about the design has changed I have zero idea but they do!

The answer is to get a couple of the coated metal gaskets made by Valpolini, not only can you re-use them time and time again but they won't rip and steadfastly refuse to leak!

Pete

The lost bolts were on a 1200 Sport 8V, the two lower bolts... the amount of oil that was sprayed out... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He has since got some new bolts and seals.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi's Ride   Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:19 am

Ah, sorry, I just looked at your avatar and assumed it was your bike. Haven't had a chance to watch the vid yet.

Pete
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi's Ride   Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:30 am

Great video, Spring is here in the U.S. N.E. but camping and rallies stills a month or so out. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down

Guzzi's Ride
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: