GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Thanks Beetle and Pete

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HCSO617
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
HCSO617

Thanks Beetle and Pete Empty
PostSubject: Thanks Beetle and Pete   Thanks Beetle and Pete Icon_minitime1Sat May 13, 2017 12:51 pm

After researching this forum, I picked the Mistral Hi-pipe and Beetle's map (with dbk in). I rode the bike for two weeks with just the pipe. The bike still had flat spots and hesitation, but sounded awesome. I had to replace the rear signal lights because the pipe didn't clear.

loaded Beetle's map this morning, very good instructions and tips. Went for a ride and was extremely happy, no more flat spot or hesitation. The bike pulls all the way to red line without any issues. Much nicer to ride.

If you're sitting on the fence about remapping, I say go for it and Bob's your uncle.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Beetle and Pete   Thanks Beetle and Pete Icon_minitime1Sat May 13, 2017 4:07 pm

It continues to be my belief that the Mistral Hi-Pipe is the best readily available can for the GRiSO platform. This comes in large part down to its added length compared to other cans. Used in conjunction with the 'Pretzel' and it's stock dBk it makes phenomenal bottom end and midrange if mapped correctly.

Yes you can get slightly more outright top end with an open pipe, (I have no opinion of whether or not a straight mid pipe will aid top end.) but it guts the bottom end and midrange and let's face it on a 'Road' bike that is where one spends most of one's time. The Mistral works superbly on the road. It's only downsides being the interference with the indicators with some tail tidies and the fitting of luggage can be a bit of an embuggerance.

Pete
Back to top Go down
MotoMT
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoMT

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Beetle and Pete   Thanks Beetle and Pete Icon_minitime1Sun May 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Been meaning to post the same thing, so I'll just add another "thanks" to the list.

Invaluable support from this forum. After getting my issue sorted: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I reloaded my map and it's such a notable difference, just like HCSO617 describes.

Beetle map and pipe is such an easy, worthwhile, and affordable upgrade to the GRiSO. Can't recommend it enough.
Back to top Go down
wayne68
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
wayne68

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Beetle and Pete   Thanks Beetle and Pete Icon_minitime1Mon May 15, 2017 2:52 am

+1 from me too, beetles map has transformed my bike Very Happy
Back to top Go down
2 geese
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
2 geese

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Beetle and Pete   Thanks Beetle and Pete Icon_minitime1Thu May 25, 2017 4:44 am

I too would like to thank you both for all the help.  I have set the valves, balanced throttle bodies, bought my cables and downloaded a map for my GRiSO.  My bike runs flawless, it is so smooth, more than happy!  Will be working on my 1200 Sport next.  Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks Beetle and Pete   Thanks Beetle and Pete Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Thanks Beetle and Pete
Page 1 of 1