GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Part needed

Go down 
+6
Grisonut
GR1064
Pete Roper
wardentm
Bill Hagan
Ian.DR
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian.DR
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Ian.DR

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Sun May 28, 2017 4:50 am

First post, so hello everyone.
Bad news some scumbag pushed my GRiSO over last night
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Sun May 28, 2017 4:54 am

Condolences.

Will never understand such things.

Cretins abound.

Bill

P.S. Uhm ... so what part needed?
Back to top Go down
Ian.DR
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Ian.DR

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Sun May 28, 2017 5:00 am

Oops didn't post the part I was looking for for some reason!
Back peddle bracket has been sheared off. The one that holds the peddle the foot peg and brake servo that runs up the side of the bike. 2008 model.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Sun May 28, 2017 6:02 am

G'day Ian
Welcome to the Ghetto
They are out there .......
Wonder who breads em ...Anyway, hope all turns out ok
Ride safe
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Sun May 28, 2017 10:01 am

Ian.DR wrote:
Oops didn't post the part I was looking for for some reason!
Back peddle bracket has been sheared off. The one that holds the peddle the foot peg and brake servo that runs up the side of the bike. 2008 model.

Sorry, your description is a bit vague. Do you mean the pivot pin that the brake lever mounts on? Or the side plate/pork chop? Perhaps if you could post a pic?

2008 you say? Has it been rollerised yet?

Pete
Back to top Go down
Ian.DR
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Ian.DR

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Sun May 28, 2017 10:42 am

Hi Pete

Side plate, snapped at the bottom just above the brake peddle. So the brake is hanging. Not sure what you mean about rollerised.

Cheers Ian
Back to top Go down
Ian.DR
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Ian.DR

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Sun May 28, 2017 11:29 am

Just read my post back and was full of typos!

So I'll make it a little clearer. Sorry for that. The brake peddle has been broken off. The peddle it's self is fine, but the bracket is broken. The large black plate that runs up the side of the bike which the foot peg is also attached too.

Need to locate one so does anyone know where I can get one from?
Back to top Go down
GR1064
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GR1064

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Sun May 28, 2017 1:35 pm

Ian, the right hand pork chop (Part # 977052) is about £200 new from Fowlers:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or there is a used one on ebay for £60 plus VAT and postage.  It's from an 1100, but will fit the 1200.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You might be able to repair the old one if you can find someone to weld it?

Brian
Back to top Go down
Ian.DR
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Ian.DR

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Sun May 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Cheers for that
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Sun May 28, 2017 2:29 pm

£132 from Teo. Dunno if that includes all taxes or not then there'd be freight on top. I've got a couple of second handies but the cost of sending you one would be the killer.

As for rollerising? Do a quick search in the technical sections. It's imperative you deal with that issue above all others.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Ian.DR
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Ian.DR

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Sun May 28, 2017 2:34 pm

Thanks Pete. I checked rollerising and looked at my service record but can't see that the cams have been done. I do blat it at high speed on a daily basis, (I've swapped from a Ducati, I'm a hooligan!) so will that help to keep things running?
I have a good service history so do I approach Guzzi for the change or is it up to me?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Sun May 28, 2017 2:53 pm

Nothing will save it. The problem is that Guzzi won't supply any machine with a kit pre-emptively. By the time they get noisy it's way too late and other damage may be occuring. Damage will though be clearly visible by 10,000 miles in most cases and usually in far less. Getting the top end inspected is neither time consuming or expensive and once the damage can be photographed a claim can be submitted.

If you have a complete service history, (You'll be given the bum's rush so quick your feet won't even touch the floor as they kick you out if you don't!) the factory should provide a kit but you'll have to pay for the installation. On a 2008 you'll need a 'C' kit and to do the job properly that's about six hours.

If for whatever reason you can't get a kit from Guzzi you'll have to do it yerself. A 'C' kit is £1,043 from Teo but you can do it cheaper by using a 'B' kit and some other bits. It's still not cheap.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Ian.DR
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Ian.DR

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Sun May 28, 2017 3:19 pm

Bugger. Mine has done 22k. But saying that runs sweet as a nut. I shall investigate.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Sun May 28, 2017 8:13 pm

My 09 quit at 36K so there's no escaping this...it will go to shit. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Ian.DR
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Ian.DR

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Tue May 30, 2017 9:58 am

Thanks for all the responses. I've ordered the one off eBay should be with me tomorrow so I can fit it in the evening when I get back from work. Have had to use the Ducati today, but the tax runs out day after tomorrow so fingers crossed I can be back on the road with the Gruso!

On another positive note, contacted the seller re-rollerising and he says it's been done! He's getting me the details of the garage that did it so I can contact them for full confirmation. Smiles all round!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Tue May 30, 2017 11:15 am

There was an earlier recall that swapped out the early chilled cast iron tappets for forged steel ones with a DLC coating. This is NOT the fix.

Identifying if it has actually been rollerised is as easy as pulling a rocker cover and taking a look. I would strongly advise that you do this to confirm that it has actually been rollerised not just *updated*.

There are a host of pictures already up of the visible differences between the roller and flat tappet top ends but if you can't find them post up a pic of the cambox from directly above and I'll identify it for you.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Ian.DR
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Ian.DR

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Tue May 30, 2017 11:19 am

I'll do that Pete. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Tue May 30, 2017 11:26 am

Excellent. When removing the spark plug caps do not grab them from the top and try to pull them off, you'll damage them. Insert a long, thin screwdriver through the cooling tunnel just above the exhaust header and lever them off from below. After this you can simply take the rocker cover off and have a squizz.
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Wed May 31, 2017 7:46 pm

Peddle -> Pedal
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Wed May 31, 2017 8:35 pm

Peddle -> Pedal -> Pedant... cyclops

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Wed May 31, 2017 8:38 pm

Dig your new Spirit Animal, Steak!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:07 am

Welcome aboard, we all ride them like hooligans at times, they seem to urge you on :-)

You do need to check the tappets, mine failed at 2,200 miles!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Part needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part needed   Part needed Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Part needed
Page 1 of 1