GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New old guy here

Go down 
+8
guzziownr
Street
sidrat
Steak
NorthernProducer
Bill Hagan
beetle
stokes
12 posters
AuthorMessage
stokes
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
stokes

New old guy here Empty
PostSubject: New old guy here   New old guy here Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:15 am

Hey all.New here,but not so new to motorcycling.Been riding since '71 and have had many different bikes.Recently bought my first Guzzi,although its not a GRiSO,just got a new '16 V7II Racer.Found this site and even tho I dont own a GRiSO I figured its a Guzzi site so I signed up.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New old guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New old guy here   New old guy here Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:33 am

Welcome. I've ridden a Racer enough to know I don't want to ride another. Just kidding. I think.
Post pics. We like to ogle another man's ride.

Got Pics? ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

New old guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New old guy here   New old guy here Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:07 am

Yes, welcome.

Presume "NYS" = New York State.  If so, did you make it to the western N.Y. rally at Westfield last weekend?  I was there briefly on my Norge.

I have only ridden one Racer.  Was very surprised at all sorts of things about it. Had heard "underpowered," etc., but thought that -- while certainly not a GRiSO -- nuts.

Instead, I found it fun, light, quick, and the ergos near perfect for me.  At Westfield, I saw a "scramblerized" Stone that called to me.  Have been dropping unsubtle hints to Kathi about it, as it would be near perfect for the compartmented roads here at the top of Virginia ... tho I write this from my mom's nursing-home bedside in Atlanta.

Best wishes for miles of smiles on that Racer,

Bill
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

New old guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New old guy here   New old guy here Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:33 am

Welcome...next to my GRiSO is a V7 Special...so you're not alone here with your Guzzi.
Back to top Go down
stokes
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
stokes

New old guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New old guy here   New old guy here Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:56 am

Back in '13 I totalled my Harley,was never really in love with that bike,but I needed 3 surgeries on my left hand,elbow,and shoulder.I was not able to squeeze a clutch til last summer.I bought a 1980 KZ 1000,and decided I didnt like working on bikes so much anymore.So I sold that and went to look at new Triumphs,came across this Racer at the dealer,and really liked the look of it.I was concerned that the riding position might be too severe at my age and physical condition,but was pleasantly surprised after the test ride.Not as fast or powerful as many bikes I've owned but in 5th gear at about 5k rips I am doing close to 80mph.I wouldnt want to do a 6 hr trek on this bike,but I've done 2 hr rides with no problem.Its a leftover '16 so I got a great price,so far I couldnt be happier with the bike.
No Bill,I didnt go to that rally,I'm on the far eastern side of NYS on the Mass border.Big shortcoming of this bike is a lack of space to carry anything,like a spare pair of socks,lol.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

New old guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New old guy here   New old guy here Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:12 am

The V7 Scrambler sure has a GRiSO-esque trombone... Never noticed that before.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

New old guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New old guy here   New old guy here Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:41 am

Welcome aboard, V7's are nice bikes, GRiSO's are great bikes, you take your choice and enjoy either.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

New old guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New old guy here   New old guy here Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:30 am

Welcome, Stokes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

New old guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New old guy here   New old guy here Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:54 pm

Aha, the far East! I am in Monroe NY. What was the dealership's name? BMG are my local Tri/Guzzi dealers.
Back to top Go down
stokes
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
stokes

New old guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New old guy here   New old guy here Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:35 pm

Yeah,it was BMG.Nice dealership.I dealt with the owner,not a salesman.He gave me a good deal,I was happy with it.I'm going to be bringing it in for the first service,I picked it up in early May and just hit the 600 mile break-in.Weather and other priopities has kept me off it for most of the month.I did about 200 miles on wednsday and finally passed the break in.I'll have them do the first service and then take care of it myself afterwards.
Back to top Go down
HCSO617
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
HCSO617

New old guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New old guy here   New old guy here Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Welcome Stokes, I was born and raised in Suffolk Co, on Long Island. A lot of good people and info here.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

New old guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New old guy here   New old guy here Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

New old guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New old guy here   New old guy here Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:36 am

G'day Stokes
Welcome from us all down under in Tasmania.
Enjoy that V7
Be safe
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

New old guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New old guy here   New old guy here Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Welcome - a V7 consorting with GRiSOs is not unheard of. Happens from time to time, eh guys?

Carry space? The black painted OEM luggage rack (the larger one) is solid & fades into the background on a Racer. If you use tankbags, Bagster makes a tank bra for the V7 - protects the paint, Guzzi's tankbag & bra works very well, and Okanurer's tank ring works well too - details on this site - then pick up a banana bag (say from Wolfman), and you are ready to travel the long distances. If you have the '16 with the two tone painted tank & the flat stitched comfort seat, better still. A little ride conditioning will see you riding all day (with the odd break now & again) in no time at all. You may find slight tweaking of the handle bars & the rear set position (3 holes provided) will help the comfort - minor adjustments can make a big difference. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
stokes
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
stokes

New old guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New old guy here   New old guy here Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:47 pm

Yeah,I gotta look into available bags.Right now I have a pair of smaller "throwovers" I used to use on my harley,they fit ok and are slanted at the bottom so they ride in line with the upswept mufflers,but they look like ass on this bike,and dont hold a lot.
As for the riding position I have no compaints yet,I was surprised because I've got 2 herniated discs in my neck and wasnt able to ride my friends Ninja more than 10 mins before I was blind with pain.I've only done 2 hr stretches on this bike and its no worse than my Harley was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New old guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New old guy here   New old guy here Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New old guy here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: