GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.

Go down 
+2
pauldaytona
anguscameron1966
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:42 am

Surprised they came from Uk as the ebay link says they post all their bits from a warehouse in Latvia (even the phone number is Latvian code) Wink
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:37 am

You are correct Paul, my mistake.
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:37 pm

My flat tappets from the LH cylinder, after 20.000km (third set)  one completely fucked up, one like brand new.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:19 am

Hey Klaas, they are bad but no where near completely f*cked. Mine all had lost DLC entirely plus curved surfaces due to wearing away - pictures hardly show the level of badness... There are even worse examples if you keep riding thinking all is good [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:23 am

Wow, that's far worse Paul, how many miles were they on?
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:38 am

The first 'flat' replacements were done at 13,000 miles in 2014 by dealer I bought it from, I didn't see how bad they were. These failed again 10,000 miles later in 2016 and photos are from then - even cam noses were screwed up. I rollered it buying the bits myself.

But story is they fail off edge of a cliff at any time and it's hard to notice it until the wear is so bad that the tappet clearances go to ratsh*t & you can throw entire set of feeler gauges in the gaps....and still it rides fine if slightly louder than normal so danger is they could wear down until the edges break off in big chunks - then you really are completely fuc*ed. Hence Pete et al struggling with 'it's fine'
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:28 am

Received the parts from Pete today cheers Hope to find time this weekend for the job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.   Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Roller Kit on Fleebay going cheap.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2