GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA

Go down 
+6
EricS
Bill Hagan
wyno
Papa Lazarou
wardentm
creid123
10 posters
AuthorMessage
creid123
Carlotto
Carlotto
creid123

New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA Empty
PostSubject: New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA   New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:57 am

Hey Everyone,

Thought i'd introduce myself to the forum. I just purchased a pre-owned 2014 GRiSO 1200 8V SE. I never imagined i would own this bike. It all happened so fast really. I had owned a KTM Duke and loved the naked bikes but honestly never fell in love with their style, their sound, or their ride. It was a great bike, but didn't exactly sing to me. After months of searching for a new bike, i happened upon the GRiSO. I was blissfully unaware that this bike had even existed. All i see around town are Guzzi V7 cafe racers (a dime a dozen). The opportunity came to test drive one and i was SOLD. Head over heels. At any rate, i'm excited, nervous, and ready for the new adventure with the GRiSO.

Cheers,

Charlie

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA   New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:37 am

G'day Charlie
Welcome from us all down under in Tasmania
What a thing of beauty, I know exactly why you fell for it ....
Boy, I like your city, I bought and got transported home a bike from SF ....
Anyway enjoy your new purchase and stay safe
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA   New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:38 am

Welcome-and you're right to be nervous. The aim of every GRiSO is to pull its rider's arms out of their sockets.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA   New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:26 am

Welcome Charlie. Papa is right, hang on tight.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA   New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:16 pm

Welcome.

If you've seen the replies to your post about an owner's manual, you know what this place is like. bounce

Bill

Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA   New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:01 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto. The silver model is my 2nd favorite color. Check out the Inspiration folder for some common mods like tail tidies, oil cooler covers and such.
Back to top Go down
creid123
Carlotto
Carlotto
creid123

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA   New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:12 pm

Thanks, Everyone. Just took my Wife for a ride on the back of the GRiSO last night and she loved it! So much smoother and powerful than my Duke. Not even a fair comparison really. The next step is learning how to take care of her and finding a good mechanic!

Cheers,

Charlie
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA   New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:37 pm

Over in the Mission District, there is Munroe Motors, but reports are a mix of hit or miss for servicing. Moto Guzzi is more of a hobby brand for them I think.

Ed Millich is not far from Munroe. He's more of a small block guy, but he'd might dabble in the CARCs a bit. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
creid123
Carlotto
Carlotto
creid123

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA   New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Yeah I think Munroe is the only game in town for Guzzis. Looks like Millich is in Torrance which is about 8 hours drive from me unfortunately. We do have a the SF Motoguild here that claims to have some mechanics that have Guzzi experience. But i might have to just learn how to work on her myself at some point. Anyone have any resources to possibly learn basic maintenance for the GRiSO? I know it's not ideal to learn from books, etc but I'd like to get more educated to start.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA   New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Welcome, Charlie.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA   New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:52 pm

Welcome Charlie, nice GRiSO!!
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA   New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:37 am

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA   New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:44 am

creid123 wrote:
Yeah I think Munroe is the only game in town for Guzzis. Looks like Millich is in Torrance which is about 8 hours drive from me unfortunately. We do have a the SF Motoguild here that claims to have some mechanics that have Guzzi experience. But i might have to just learn how to work on her myself at some point. Anyone have any resources to possibly learn basic maintenance for the GRiSO? I know it's not ideal to learn from books, etc but I'd like to get more educated to start.

I see, Ed must've broken up with Alice. They ran a BMW/Guzzi shop over in the Mission for some time. As you've noted, he must have moved back to So Cal. See if you can reach out to the local Guzzi club. I know that both Raphael and Willie are pretty good wrenches and always willing to help out. Good guys.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA   New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New GRiSO Owner from San Francisco, CA
Page 1 of 1