GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

K&N filter w/ stock muffler

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

K&N filter w/ stock muffler Empty
PostSubject: K&N filter w/ stock muffler   K&N filter w/ stock muffler Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:35 am

I was doing some servicing last night and 'discovered' that the PO had installed a K&N filter. I cleaned and re-oiled it but am wondering if I should do anything to compensate for the increased airflow (stock air box w/snorkel).

Thought I read somewhere that a paper element may actually improve low to mid-range which is where I spend 92.483% of the time. Rubbish?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: K&N filter w/ stock muffler   K&N filter w/ stock muffler Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:13 am

Throw that piece of shit in the garbage where it belongs and refit the standard filter. All it will do is wear your engine out quicker.
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: K&N filter w/ stock muffler   K&N filter w/ stock muffler Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:16 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Throw that piece of shit in the garbage where it belongs and refit the standard filter. All it will do is wear your engine out quicker.

I ordered an OEM filter about 15 min after I posted. Sounds like it was a good decision...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K&N filter w/ stock muffler   K&N filter w/ stock muffler Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

K&N filter w/ stock muffler
Page 1 of 1