12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Good shock for my GRiSO??

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
sidrat
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Good shock for my GRiSO??   Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:05 am

Took a couple of better photo's today to show it fitted on the bike and how it protects the shock.

You can just see in the top photo that the 5mm thick rubber is just being scuffed by the tyre, right at the bottom edge, but that is after almost 4 years and 25,000 miles!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
moby
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Good shock for my GRiSO??   Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:17 pm

paulbrice wrote:
Are you ordering a 'Stelvio replacement' Matris or a 'special GRiSO replacement' ? My Matris has enough adjustment to lift the end as long as Stelvio variant (no special requirements just std adjustment); but main issue I had was Matris sent same spring rate for gorilla as for a mouse - which required spring change later on

Hi, I'm ordering a special GRiSO replacement with capacity to have slight  additional length of adjustment. Should have made that clearer.

I've noted many people speaking about harsh spring rates.  At Shocktreatment Terry Hayes has many different springs and will select by seat of pants, I've discussed hearing about being to harshly sprung.  He's done a umber of Grisos so if there is anyone out there with direct experience with Terry and spring rates good to hear.  

Many thanks,
Moby
Back to top Go down
moby
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Good shock for my GRiSO??   Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:33 pm

paulbrice wrote:
Are you ordering a 'Stelvio replacement' Matris or a 'special GRiSO replacement' ? My Matris has enough adjustment to lift the end as long as Stelvio variant (no special requirements just std adjustment); but main issue I had was Matris sent same spring rate for gorilla as for a mouse - which required spring change later on

Hi, I'm ordering a special GRiSO replacement with capacity to have slight  additional length of adjustment. Should have made that clearer.

I've noted many people speaking about harsh spring rates.  At Shocktreatment Terry Hayes has many different springs and will select by seat of pants, I've discussed hearing about being to harshly sprung.  He's done a umber of Grisos so if there is anyone out there with direct experience with Terry and spring rates good to hear.  

Many thanks,
Moby
Back to top Go down
moby
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Good shock for my GRiSO??   Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:41 pm

sidrat wrote:
Took a couple of better photo's today to show it fitted on the bike and how it protects the shock.

You can just see in the top photo that the 5mm thick rubber is just being scuffed by the tyre, right at the bottom edge, but that is after almost 4 years and 25,000 miles!

Hi Sidrat, I think I bungled my earlier response. Just in case I did .... many thanks for the pics and drawing of the flap. Will make one and install.

Cheers,
Moby
Back to top Go down

Good shock for my GRiSO??
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: