GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Two in a wee! (Sigh.....)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Two in a wee! (Sigh.....) Empty
PostSubject: Two in a wee! (Sigh.....)   Two in a wee! (Sigh.....) Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:45 am

A 1200 Sport and now a Tenni GRiSO from Queensland that has been relocated to Batemans Bay on the south coast. Both of them with TB's with sacred screws or linkage rods that have been tampered with. We sorted the Sport with a bit of fudging but I fear the Tenni will need TB's.

Thing is the owner thought it was running OK, just surging a bit below 3,000. I rode it to the workshop and it's only idling on one and bucks and rears constantly on a steady throttle! It's a dog of a thing! But how can you convince someone who thinks their bike is 'OK' that it's seriously broken? I have warned him that if I tune it it will probably run like a dog. If I'm lucky the ape who worked his magic with the sacred screw won't of re-set the TPS but I'm not hopeful.........

Pete
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Two in a wee! (Sigh.....)   Two in a wee! (Sigh.....) Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Could you perhaps use a vernier gauge or a drill bit to determine the throttle opening on a unmolested one, and reset the one that has been tweaked back to standard? I used to synchronize Trident carbs using this method.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Two in a wee! (Sigh.....)   Two in a wee! (Sigh.....) Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:46 pm

Bin there, done that. You can occasionally fudge it that way if only the screw has been touched. Once the linkage rod comes into the equation all bets are off.
Back to top Go down
avgpetro
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
avgpetro

PostSubject: Re: Two in a wee! (Sigh.....)   Two in a wee! (Sigh.....) Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:50 pm

What if ...

You connect both the TBs to a vacum cleaner, using some water hose, a Y connector and some duct tape... Take back the "sacred scew" - the stopper - so that both batterflies are closed. Start the cleaner, light up a cigarete, and adjust the linkage so that no smoke is drawn in either TB. This way, the TBs will be linked and "zeroed". Maybe?
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Two in a wee! (Sigh.....)   Two in a wee! (Sigh.....) Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:08 pm

it does seem strange that Guzzi left things that can be adjusted by idiots when they left the factory and even more strange that there is no fix for those same idiots. How so guzzi set them up in the factory i wonder?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Two in a wee! (Sigh.....)   Two in a wee! (Sigh.....) Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:19 pm

Flow bench.

Bench. Tee hee! That’s a funny word.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Two in a wee! (Sigh.....)   Two in a wee! (Sigh.....) Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Well, I managed to fluke it back I think. Good news was the linkage rod didn't appear to have been disturbed. Once that's been messed with the rest is history.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two in a wee! (Sigh.....)   Two in a wee! (Sigh.....) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Two in a wee! (Sigh.....)
Page 1 of 1