GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Water coming into the area under the seat

Go down 
+2
beetle
motor-timothy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Water coming into the area under the seat Empty
PostSubject: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:30 am

Anyone else have this with their GRiSO? When it rains so much water will come down from the tank in the direction of the seat that it actually goes over the small edge under the seat, wetting my battery and everything else under the seat. The main 30amp fuses are actually in a small puddle of water after a ride in the rain or even just standing in the rain. I'm assuming everyone has this since we all ride the same bike, but I was wondering if there are any easy fixes worked out for this? Perhaps some sort of rubber strip on top of the plastic edge?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:23 pm

I’ve never bothered to look.

scratch

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:11 pm

It rains a lot here, so chances of looking under the seat after rainfall increase dramatically compared to drier climates Wink
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:24 pm

I have looked after using a pressure washer. Water shouldn’t puddle. It should quickly drain down twixt the gaps between the gizmo’s and frame.

bounce

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Admittedly the small puddle was once after riding for 2 hours in a torrent of rain, I was completely soaked despite wearing a rainsuit. Apparently it leaked at the crotch...Anyhow, even after say washing the bike there is water on top of the battery and especially on the plastic bit with the 2 screws that holds the battery in place (like it needs that at 5 kilo something)
I think eventually enough water collects in the rubber battery holder that it overflows and then the first thing it reaches is the area which holds the main fuses.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:07 pm

There's a drain at the left rear of the tray that should let water drain to the ground???
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:27 pm

Yes, but perhaps a little bit underdimensioned when maltreating the bike with a pressure washer.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:07 am

What? You take your seat off and then steam clean it! Good grief! The world's gone mad!

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:25 am

Pete Roper wrote:
What? You take your seat off and then steam clean it! Good grief! The world's gone mad!

No, I don’t steam clean it. I don’t remove the seat to clean it either. I wash it once every 6 months with a pressure washer. I pulled the seat off once AFTER to have a look. It was as dry as a $2 whore’s twat.

Rolling Eyes

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:39 am

Off-roaders have found pressure washers are guaranteed to force water and dirt passed your seals.
A big NO! NO!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:42 am

Bullshit.

Fuck ‘em. I don’t give a shit. I’ll clean my bike anyway I like. Don’t like it? Tough titties.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:28 pm

My local dealer's main mechanic told me in a very serious tone never to wash the bike as (in his words) "Guzzi's don't like water". My jaw almost hit the floor. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:43 pm

Glad he wasn't able to tell us that before we headed off for the South Australian Cabal! It poured for days and the only problem we had was Beetle's brake light switch went tits but it did that before it started raining! Rolling Eyes

Pete
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:53 pm

It must have sensed that it was going to get wet Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:56 pm

The main area of concern for dirt bikes and pressure washers are the rear suspension linkage points.
An area where Guzzi are known to use very little grease.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:23 pm

This is Fake News. Internet hysteria based on hearsay.

My rear linkages and swing arm are being, or have been, dismantled by Pete’s catamite. He will be able to report on the state of greasiness of aforementioned linkages, et al. Of course, these were previously greased by Pete with his own hands.

Because, you know, I sit there with pressure washer laser targeted on the rear linkages, fork seals, valve covers, instruments, fuel cap, throttle bodies, etc, for ar least 20 minutes per target.

Rolling Eyes

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:50 pm

Water, bad stuff. What ever you do don't drink it. Fish fuck in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:06 pm

beetle wrote:
This is Fake News. Internet hysteria based on hearsay.

Because, you know, I sit there with pressure washer laser targeted on the rear linkages, fork seals, valve covers, instruments, fuel cap, throttle bodies, etc, for at least 20 minutes per target.Rolling Eyes

Gee, you're very thorough, I never clean my bike that good. albino

And I would never argue with a bloke who wears goat leggings.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:24 am

Straight from the horses mouth. Big Mike, actually.

My swing arm bearings and shock linkages were still riddled with grease, despite being washed multiple times with a pressure washer.

Nyer! Nyer! Nyer!

Yar boo sucks!

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:37 am

Good for you. cheers
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:12 am

What grade of grease do you put in your pressure washer ? Sounds like an easier way to do the bearings than having to remove the swing arm Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water coming into the area under the seat   Water coming into the area under the seat Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Water coming into the area under the seat
Page 1 of 1