GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Suspension upgrade

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

Suspension upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Suspension upgrade   Suspension upgrade Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi,
I'm getting a Wilbers rear shock installed, it's at the shop now.
I have got the height adjustment option. I am getting it set up for the maximum height.
I currently have the forks at 6 rings adjustment, and it steers and turns very quickly, without any instability, well, up to 170klicks or so.
So, my question is, with the shock height adjustment, does anyone have an opinion, or calculation, as to where the forks need to be set at, to get a similar steering angle etc with the new shock?

Glenn
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Suspension upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension upgrade   Suspension upgrade Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:30 pm

Why not start with the height set to be the same as the stock shock? This means you can do a comparison evaluation without any other factors influence.
Back to top Go down

Suspension upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension upgrade   Suspension upgrade Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:36 am

Generally speaking;

25mm drop in front ride height equals a reduction in rake angle of approx 1 degree.

30mm rise (*) in rear ride height also equals a reduction in rake angle of approx 1 degree.

* measured vertically from rear axle.

So you need to take measurements before you remove old shock
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Suspension upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension upgrade   Suspension upgrade Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:56 am

Hi Glen. I have a stelvio shock on the bike. Before i put it on i was on the 5th ring at the front. The longer stelvio shock (its 10mm longer) raised the rear end 25mm. I rode around without changing the front for a couple of hundred miles, but found it pushed the front and took away that lovely natural steering the GRiSO has. So i have raised it back up to the first ring, about 20mm and it is back to its sweet self, but with a stronger spring and more ground clearance, perfect for me.
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

Suspension upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension upgrade   Suspension upgrade Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:45 am

Ok, so i haven't made any measurements pre-dismantling Neutral
Looks like i might start with a similar setup to sidrat, and then adjust from there.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Suspension upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension upgrade   Suspension upgrade Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:59 am

Let us know how you get on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suspension upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension upgrade   Suspension upgrade Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Suspension upgrade
Page 1 of 1