GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New Adventure V85?

Go down 
+38
T-griso
FrontRangeRider
Scot p
MalG
motor-timothy
bahamazoo
not-fishing
Diablo Loco
DeepSpace
paulbrice
Steak
fredfrenzy
Bulldog9
janguzzi
Ekimyrf
EricS
KillerX
davem
2highlander
Oz1200Guzzi
GreggF
Papa Lazarou
avgpetro
anguscameron1966
Street
sideshowbob
WCB
dennis the menace
kiwi dave
Il Griso
LBC Tenni
Grisonut
relayer
Pete Roper
beetle
GHTE
Guzzi Cat
sidrat
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:46 pm

GHTE wrote:
Still quite a negative band-waggon  happening on here. The most endearing thing about Guzzi's is their originality and uniquness imho. lets see what actually comes from the factory and opine then.

Did you actually read that marketing rubbish?

Quote :
An engine that is so modern that it even impacts on the frame design, becoming an integral part of the vehicle. Thanks to more rigid side covers and longer forks, the V85's precision and driveability on the road are top notch, even at high speed

It's a 2 valve pushrod engine that's a part of the frame? That's neither new, original or unique.

Mad

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:58 pm

And it's that sort of odious piffle that is going to do for it in the sales department.

They'll keep lying about it and talking it up and then it will be released to the retards who masquerade as 'Journalists' who will take it to an optimistic dyno and when they find it doesn't even come close to their fantasy figures they'll pan it and it will sell like rat sandwiches.

It's not that it will be a *Bad* bike. It's just the way they are trying to sell it is pathetic, ignorant, cynical and childish. They're shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly and then thinking they can stem the haemorrhage by adding more lead!

Pete
Back to top Go down
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:23 pm

I wonder how many people are actually employed in the Moto Guzzi development/engineering department ?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:49 pm

Way less than their bullshit marketing and sales teams obviously, Gregg. How'r the hips? Coming tonight?
Back to top Go down
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi Tony, hips are good, walking without sticks. Still 4 weeks of physio to go. No mate, not coming in until I can ride again. Gotta book in with Mr Roper for a service and blue slip, after I am allowed to drive, I will tow it down to him.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:22 pm

Winner.
Back to top Go down
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:55 pm

Give my regards to all the lads tonight !
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:35 pm

Yes Beetle I have read the marketing blurb and agree it is marketing puff. I reference the continuity of my other comments todate and stand by them. I like the concept and will judge the bike when seen in the flesh and after journo reviews, notwithstanding their universal bias.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:03 am

So the question is, what if it does hit the hp and torque figures? What if it weighs about what they said it would? That would put power to weight on par with the Stelvio, and maybe even a little better. It would be a fun package.

I suspect the hp will be very close to their claims. At the crank. Supposedly, my 1050cc Ballabio made 91 at the crank, so I think it's at least possible.

I'm a bit disappointed in the front fork (and I'd assume rear shock) travel. I was hoping for something similar to the Stelvio in that regard. I guess I'll have to wait in see. That ultimately would be the deal breaker for me. Not the engine.

If it doesn't come close to hitting all their claimed numbers, it'll be dead in the crib regardless of how good it is. The moto press will see to it.

If it isn't what I hope it will be, then I'll probably continue my search for a nice Super Alce.
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:35 pm

beetle wrote:

Did you actually read that marketing rubbish?

Quote :
An engine that is so modern that it even impacts on the frame design, becoming an integral part of the vehicle. Thanks to more rigid side covers and longer forks, the V85's precision and driveability on the road are top notch, even at high speed

It's a 2 valve pushrod engine that's a part of the frame? That's neither new, original or unique.

When I use to have "marketing" in my job title,  my wife when asked what I did for a living, would say:
 He makes up stories about a product, and then convinces people that they are true.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:15 am

When I use to have "marketing" in my job title,  my wife when asked what I did for a living, would say:
 [i]He makes up stories about a product, and then convinces people that they are true.

hahahah that made me laugh!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:23 am

Italian design inspiration for sure...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:19 pm

Good eye, Steak!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:01 am

Need the helmet to go with it Wink

Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:35 am

ah well, if you guys don't want it, i'll take it Razz
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:58 pm

Me too!!!
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:18 pm

The first testride (available in the Motociclismo magazine) and new images:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The bike has a new name V85TT
You can donwload this magazine here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:40 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:37 pm

Changed my mind. MX helmet and power ranger suit transforms it.

Can't buy one. Living in a land of pea gravel means off road bikes must be able to sustain high speed sliding without grinding heads off.

Don't crash? Yeah, nah.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:02 pm

Well the action shots show bitumen. The off-road bit is "lawn" and stationery - well is it designed for back roads or not? Let's see some sliding action, feet up of course.

Incidentally, I followed a guy home (on a road bike) on my back road recently. While not the best of surfaces, it was bitumen. Every corner, he put his foot down - good way to get a broken leg. Obviously 'MotoX" trained. Wimps! Real sliders use the footpegs and balance shows the way. Ah, a bunch of softies - I like my legs unbroken, because it helps when walking...

Bill, a good stable-mate to your V7 - you are already a power-ranger, so...
Back to top Go down
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:50 am

From Adv Rider

From what I've been able to muddle through, the bike has a 5.5 gallon tank, was described by the reviewer as quick and light, stable at speed. At autostrada speeds (85mph?), ran about 5000 rpm. Said the wind protection did a decent job of eliminating buffeting. It was like by the staff of Motociclismo. They mention that the fueling seemed good through all the modes. It is definitely ride by wire and has cruise. They liked the instrument display. I also read that the transmission was very smooth and there is no "clunk" anywhere. It doesn't look like they got into specifics as it was strictly a ride review, but they did talk about the 80hp motor and it doesn't seem like the reviewer doubted the figure.

also

"the chassis and a small masterpiece.

also

"the upside-down and adjustable fork has an excellent sliding and does not sink too much into the most effective braking, reducing pitching. a little more supported (at least for our weight: the writer touches just 70kg) the single rear shock absorber also adjustable, fitted asymmetrical on the right side and without links."

Finally

between the curves emerges a good maneuverability, but above all a reassuring stability. The front end is solid and well flat, giving an immediate feeling and encouraging to force the rhythm. It is not a lightning in the changes of direction: it must be addressed using the large handlebar. and neutral, not at all nervous. Friendly. It instills trust.

Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:55 pm

Looks pretty good,

I cant see it replacing my old orange goose but I think it could be a fun bike for someone wanting something a bit lighter.

Of course it will all depend on how it handles and if the engine puts out as much grunt as the claim Question A test ride would be nice.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:57 pm

I hope they sell a squillion of them.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:06 pm

The grey is a welcome aesthetic improvement over the circus clown jocolor version.
Back to top Go down
not-fishing
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
not-fishing

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:56 am

LBC Tenni wrote:
The grey is a welcome aesthetic improvement over the circus clown jocolor version.

Hey some of us like Clowns:

And some of us resemble........

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Adventure V85?   New Adventure V85? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New Adventure V85?
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next