12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Just how noisy should an 8V be..?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
motor-timothy
Biondino
Biondino

PostSubject: Re: Just how noisy should an 8V be..?   Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:15 pm

The plot thickens....was the designer of the GRiSO left handed by any chance? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Just how noisy should an 8V be..?   Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:15 pm

Probably a master baiter...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Just how noisy should an 8V be..?   Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:29 pm

I think the issue with the early 8V clutches was simply a poor choice and design of diaphragm spring, that's all. The twin plater used on the 2V bikes uses ten coil springs, it's a totally different design but couldn't provide the clamping force neccessary to maintain reliability on a 110hp motor.

Pete
Back to top Go down
PunkScout
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Just how noisy should an 8V be..?   Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:47 am

It sounds about like mine does.  I think that's probably normal.

You have got the same problem I had with my Triumph.   I rode a K75 for a long time. The thing just makes this gentle mechanical chatter, like a sewing machine.

So when I switched the my Triumph, another inline 3 motor, I was shocked at the level of mechanical racket it made -  I heard lots of ticking and tacking and rattle and all manner of noises and I thought to myself "This can't be normal!" so I took it by the dealership like 3 or 4 times in the first year having them check out noises it was making - always the same answer "Nope, that's just the sound it makes."

So from that experience I've gotten a little perspective in that a lot of engines just make a racket, It's normal - they're full of  springs and ... bits of metal that ride along on other bits of metal and all manner of things that make noise.
Back to top Go down
Robinson_Spike
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Just how noisy should an 8V be..?   Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:41 am

PunkScout wrote:
It sounds about like mine does.  I think that's probably normal.

You have got the same problem I had with my Triumph.   I rode a K75 for a long time. The thing just makes this gentle mechanical chatter, like a sewing machine.

So when I switched the my Triumph, another inline 3 motor,  I was shocked at the level of mechanical racket it made -  I heard lots of ticking and tacking and rattle and all manner of noises and I thought to myself "This can't be normal!" so I took it by the dealership like 3 or 4 times in the first year having them check out noises it was making - always the same answer "Nope, that's just the sound it makes."

So from that experience I've gotten a little perspective in that a lot of engines just make a racket, It's normal - they're full of  springs and ... bits of metal that ride along on other bits of metal and all manner of things that make noise.

...and that sounds good to me :-)
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Just how noisy should an 8V be..?   Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:21 am

Nothing like a nice mechanical air cooled motor, its alive and you can hear it
Back to top Go down

Just how noisy should an 8V be..?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-