12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

I'm Back. I saw the error of my ways.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wallycycle
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: I'm Back. I saw the error of my ways.    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:22 am

Hello fellow GRiSO enthusiasts. Joined the forum in 2013 and bought a 2013 SE. I loved the bike but because when it comes to motorcycles I'm a promiscuous cad, in June 2014 I sold my very well sorted mount to a nice young man from Arizona. Hope he or subsequent owners are still enjoying the bike.

I regret parting ways and am on the hunt for another. I loved the motor so I'll stick with a 8V. That being said, can it be confirmed that besides the obvious stuff to look for on a used bike, 2013 and newer will have the roller tappets ex factory. 2012 may have them and on all 2009-2012, I should do the visual inspection to confirm it's been done, view paperwork to see when (mileage) /who did it and walk away from a high mile flathead. Low mile (under 5k) flathead still in the running provided I  factor at least $1K into the price.

Other than that,  any other model specific things to look for?

Thanks very much!

Walter
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: I'm Back. I saw the error of my ways.    Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:30 am

Nope, that's about it.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: I'm Back. I saw the error of my ways.    Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:44 am

nothing much has changed, so the newer the better with respect to rollers. The earler engine is however faster :-)

All the other issues, such as a lack of grease in the swingarm, starting isses will still need to be sorted as usual if not completed by a previous owner.

and Welcome back!!
Back to top Go down
Street
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: I'm Back. I saw the error of my ways.    Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Welcome back, Wally. Check out this ad for a 2015 Rosso for sale in Seattle - this looks like a screamin' deal!

I also posted same in Mercato di GRiSO.

CLICKY!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Nobleswood
Biondino
Biondino

PostSubject: Re: I'm Back. I saw the error of my ways.    Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:42 pm

Street wrote:
Welcome back, Wally. Check out this ad for a 2015 Rosso for sale in Seattle - this looks like a screamin' deal!

I also posted same in Mercato di GRiSO.

CLICKY!

cheers That’s a great price ! Now you need an excuse for a fly & ride adventure & you’re set! And it’s in the faster Red colour jocolor
Back to top Go down
wallycycle
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: I'm Back. I saw the error of my ways.    Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:17 pm

Thank you guys!

I have been eyeballing that bike in SEA. I live in SoCal so I have to confirm that if I buy a bike out of state, it has to have at a minimum, the EPA sticker stating it meets EPA and California Standards and the Federal Safety Standards Sticker. The Noise and Charcoal Sticker are not deal breakers but nice to have.

I assume that all the Guzzis are 50 State bikes. BTW, where are the stickers located? Under the seat? On a frame rail?

thanks!
Back to top Go down

I'm Back. I saw the error of my ways.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: