GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Exhaust header flange

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Exhaust header flange Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust header flange   Exhaust header flange Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:27 am

Quick question: how well does the flange on the header pipes need to mate with the cylinder? Just installed the new header pipes but the flanges on the new (but used second hand) pipes refuse to connect to both mounting points and I didn’t want to force it before asking here first. Essentially no matter what I do there remains a 2 or 3 mm gap on the mounting point closest to the center of the bike (on both pipes).

Also what is the torque value for the nuts that tighten the header pipes to the cilinderhead? I couldn’t find it in the workshop manual.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by motor-timothy on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust header flange   Exhaust header flange Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:05 am

Exhaust pipe to engine retainer is 25nm in workshop manual (in exhaust section of torque)....Not sure why it should completely close gap as expect you'd need some gap to put compression on gasket
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust header flange   Exhaust header flange Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:10 am

Thanks! I just assumed it needed a super tight fit, good to know not going rambo on it was the right call.
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust header flange   Exhaust header flange Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:44 am

Okey, everything is back together apart from the lambda probe. Does anyone happen to know where exactly the lambda probe is plugged in? Need to unplug it to be able to properly torque it but the cable disappears into a thick loom.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust header flange   Exhaust header flange Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:58 am

Have a look behind the starter motor. Should be a plug there.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust header flange   Exhaust header flange Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:40 am

Thanks, found it and all done. They do love using cheap tie-wraps at Mandello to attach everything cable-like, don't they?

One final question since I want to do everything 'right', does anyone know the torque value of the 2 hex bolts that attach the startermotor to the crankcase? Are they the "transmission side flange stud bolts - M8 x 75 (2) under Crankcase which should be torqued to 35Nm?
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust header flange   Exhaust header flange Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:06 pm

I don't think the starter bolts need to be so tight, I would just pull them up tight with a short wrench, to put a number on it say 20Nm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust header flange   Exhaust header flange Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Exhaust header flange
Page 1 of 1