GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Added some farkles today

Go down 
+8
JohnA
sidrat
Pete Roper
H-E-ROSS
sideshowbob
beetle
Bill Hagan
cognosticator
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

Added some farkles today - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:31 am

I like the Emgo fairing. What does it take in the way of brackets to make it fit?

The small fairing on the 1200 Sport worked well given it's size and the Emgo could well do the same. For the price and with a lick of paint it could be ideal for my needs.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:57 am

ZumWohl wrote:
cognosticator wrote:

I tried an LED light but the bucket isn't deep enough to install one.

Can you elaborate on this?  I was just about to buy a Cyclops H4 LED bulb (found on Guzzitech and elsewhere) when I saw this.  According to GT it should work in the GRiSO, but I'd like to hear about your LED experience.

Thanks for any info you can provide! (I have a 2015 GRiSO)

Cheers,
Don

Looks like Beetle solved the problem with a different bucket, but once the light is in place, the fan that sticks out the back hits the back of the bucket making the front ring stick out about 1/2" so there isn't anyway to secure it to the bucket.
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:00 am

davem wrote:
I like the Emgo fairing. What does it take in the way of brackets to make it fit?

The small fairing on the 1200 Sport worked well given it's size and the Emgo could well do the same. For the price and with a lick of paint it could be ideal for my needs.

The emgo attaches to the two screws that hold the headlight on. I had to do a lot of trimming on the bottom of both sides as they hit the front forks. I used a dremel tool with a small abrasive cylinder. I took off a small amount and had to do it 3 times to get it to fit right. That is all that holds it on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:55 pm

cognosticator wrote:
ZumWohl wrote:
cognosticator wrote:

I tried an LED light but the bucket isn't deep enough to install one.

Can you elaborate on this?  I was just about to buy a Cyclops H4 LED bulb (found on Guzzitech and elsewhere) when I saw this.  According to GT it should work in the GRiSO, but I'd like to hear about your LED experience.

Thanks for any info you can provide! (I have a 2015 GRiSO)

Cheers,
Don

Looks like Beetle solved the problem with a different bucket, but once the light is in place, the fan that sticks out the back hits the back of the bucket making the front ring stick out about 1/2" so there isn't anyway to secure it to the bucket.

Did you have the latest version of that bulb ?

6th Generation Improvements:
– Reduced Size

Cannot attach link !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Added some farkles today
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2