GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb] Empty
PostSubject: Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb]   Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb] Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:16 pm

Some of you already know about this event.

It all started when I realized that Kathi was going to be visiting grandkids for the first two weeks in February.  Hmmmmm.

So, I decided I'd have a party ... erm ... I mean invite some Guzzisti and other moto-friends over during that period to discuss torque values of Nuovo Falcones; critical mods, e.g., bar-end mirrors; and safety practices, e.g., not holding a wheelie overlong.  cheers

I sent out some email invitations and after reviewing references, the following select personnel made the cut.

The first two Guzzisti guests -- V7'er Bob W. & Cal-ist Joe W. -- are coming in tomorrow from Rochester, N.Y., thus the “Excelsior” colors at the right post.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

At least a few inquiring minds in northbound cages on U.S. 522 must wonder about the flags and bunting.

And, since that pic was taken a few hours ago, I added another tricolore under the U.S. flag on the main flagpole, a Gadsden flag on the Moto Grappa, and Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Retired U.S. Army flags at the GrandCabin.  

Four more guests — Peter Y. (Va.) & John W. (Pa.), both owners of numerous Guzzis; Travis K. (a former Tenni-ist); and Martin W. (CalVin) both locals, come on Thursday.

The first three are conversant with beetle’s magic, and will transform my GRiSO, Norge, and Stornello.  

Peter is bringing an impressive array of special tools.  Dr. John is going to make crab cakes and fried oysters.  Many other dead animals will be consumed, but no lettuce should tremble, as very little of the green stuff that food eats will be available.  Corn, grapes, and hops in liquid form will be plentiful.

That bunch leaves Saturday, and two others— including GRiSO rider “rustyrotor" (Va.) and N.J. Nick — more arrive on Sunday and depart Monday. If the first shift eats and drinks as much as  is predicted, Nick and Rusty will stay busy.

Kathi returns on the 16th and I thus need to read the Articles of War — with special emphasis on urination marksmanship and other latrine skills — to the assembled riffraff so I am not left with too much squalor before The Reckoning.

Oh, don't worry, Street, I'll probably take some pix and post same.   Wink

Bill

Last edited by Bill Hagan on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb]   Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb] Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:36 pm

I certainly hope so, Bill. Wish I could be there too, sounds like too much fun!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM

PostSubject: Re: Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb]   Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb] Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:54 am

Gee, makes me wanna buy a plane ticket
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb]   Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb] Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:09 am

ghezzi wrote:
Gee, makes me wanna buy a plane ticket

Wish you could.

The ($taggering) cost of even coach air travel -- aside from the discomfort; ask beetle after his recent cattle-car experience -- makes one wish that Star Trek trick of "beaming up" worked.  

Hmmmmm. That thought reminded me of Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine, and that's bringing on other "impure" thoughts.  Must go clean house before I muse too much. Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb]   Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb] Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:56 pm

Bill, I wondered what happened to the invites to this side of the pond - never mind I canna make it this time.

Obscure reference for the really sic minds:
"Scott me up Beamy"

Anyone recognise it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb]   Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb] Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:59 pm

2015 I flew cattle class to KL for the Sepang GP, 9 hours squeezed into a shoe box. I coughed up for 1st class on the way home. Will never fly overseas again unless I'm cashed up.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb]   Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb] Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:26 pm

Just an update with a few pix that show that we are having a fine time ... and, seriously, getting some stuff done.   cheers  

As all those old post cards say, "Wish you were here." Really.

Bill

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb]   Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb] Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:48 am

Hope all went well getting the house back in shape before the Boss got home. Looked like a good time PLUS snow.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb]   Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb] Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:40 am

^^^^

Ha, Steve.

Thanks for reminding me I had started this with a few pix, but not gotten around to recording "the rest of the story."

These [yes, too many   ] pix with captions tell the rest of the story:

Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018

Actually, I like how bahamazoo retitled that into "Tech Daze!"  Very Happy

Oh, and Tony even made it into one of the pix all the way from Oz.   cheers

Best,

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb]   Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb] Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:20 pm

Fantastic Bill! Looks like good fun.

Bikes, beer & meat. My kinda fun!

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb]   Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb] Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:05 pm

Good stuff Bill - wish I could have been there in person...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb]   Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb] Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Moto Grappa Tech Days 2018 [Many Pix Added 18 Feb]
Page 1 of 1