GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

blinging out my new toy

Go down 
+6
sidrat
H-E-ROSS
Street
Pete Roper
Papa Lazarou
oldandgrumpy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
oldandgrumpy
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
oldandgrumpy

blinging out my new toy Empty
PostSubject: blinging out my new toy   blinging out my new toy Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:47 am

last fall, in response to unsettling health issues, I added a new (demo) '14 GRiSO to my toybox. It will stop snowing sometime soon, and I want to set up for some light touring. A windscreen to keeps he bug splatter off my helmet, and some small luggage capacity so I can carry an overnight trips worth of clean knickers, plus from time to time carry home a bit of beer. The windscreen should be as aesthetic as possible, while protecting my 5'9", 30" inseam ancient and decrepit body. Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: blinging out my new toy   blinging out my new toy Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:28 pm

I fitted the larger Dart screen and Hepco and Becker C bags. Works fine.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: blinging out my new toy   blinging out my new toy Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:13 pm

The above are popular mods. I'm very happy with the factory screen, especially now I have narrower bars and some of Onur's risers under the stock risers giving me a bit more lift. The factory screen is, unfortunately, NLA.

The HB-C bow bags have unobtrusive racks that don't spoil the bike's lines too much. Many people are happy with them. The factory system, made I believe by Teknic, is robust enough in the frames but the bags are a bit feeble and tend to foul some of the aftermarket exhausts.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: blinging out my new toy   blinging out my new toy Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:31 pm

Welcome, Old&Grumpy. You're among sympathetic geezers here. There's been a lot posted about wind screens and luggage on the Ghetto, mine sports a Yamaha Stryker Bullet Cowel, an Onur tank bag ring and Givi tank bag and Hepcoe and Becker hard side bags. Works for me.

Pete (Street)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
oldandgrumpy
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
oldandgrumpy

PostSubject: Re: blinging out my new toy   blinging out my new toy Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:14 pm

Thanks for the advice. The Hepco and Becker c-bows have made a clean sweep. Does anyone know anything about the SW Motortech Legend soft bags. They caught my eye but the attachment system appears a tad flaky. Just got another blast of winter here, so I'm in no rush. Those factory tires don't look like they will be very good at breaking trail across the field through 8" of slushy snow.
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: blinging out my new toy   blinging out my new toy Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:28 pm

Welcome OldandGrumpy![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I use Guzzi  tank and tail bags along with a Wolfman dry bag. I have a huge Wolfman bag that I have yet to use. I plan on an extended journey at some point! I did see the Motech
Soft bags you mentioned, pictured on another site recently. They look like they would work well. I personally don't like the extra hardware attached to bike that hard luggage requires. There are plenty of attachment points on the GRiSO for many soft luggage options.
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: blinging out my new toy   blinging out my new toy Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:05 am

Those Onur tank rings are superb
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

PostSubject: Re: blinging out my new toy   blinging out my new toy Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:33 am

Onur tank ring and risers, a Givi tank bag and a Dart Marlin flyscreen in black cheers
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: blinging out my new toy   blinging out my new toy Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:35 pm

I would also fit a fender extender to the front mud guard.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: blinging out my new toy   blinging out my new toy Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:44 pm

Welcome, OldAndGrumpy...looks like you are getting some sound recommendations already.
Back to top Go down
oldandgrumpy
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
oldandgrumpy

PostSubject: Re: blinging out my new toy   blinging out my new toy Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:41 am

Thanks for the input. I went with a "parabellum" mid height shield, which was an easy install with good instructions and the right amount of pieces. On order are "SW Mototech Legend bags, and one of their tank bags. While awaiting a non rainy day I went through Grisology and after a short and rather difficult ride, I adjusted the suspension as per suggestions then pumped the tires to recomended levels. The front tire was close but the rear tire was 18 Lbs too soft. The result was a magical transformation. Next morning I checked and the front tire was right on, but the rear was down 4 or 5 lbs. I'm going to try the soap spray thing as I am now just sitting here vibrating waiting to ride this most grin inducing bike since my CBR125RR. The GRiSO will probably handle better, and you could pull the caps on 3/4 of the plugs and it would still outrun that little Honda!
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: blinging out my new toy   blinging out my new toy Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:35 am

Previous threads say you need to take wheel off and submerge in a deep bucket to check out which spoke 'o' ring is slow-leaking; although at 5 psi in 24 hrs it may be faster than 'slow'.....
Back to top Go down
oldandgrumpy
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
oldandgrumpy

PostSubject: Re: blinging out my new toy   blinging out my new toy Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:39 am

I'm hoping to avoid needing to build a stand, but yes, I saw those threads. Thanks
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: blinging out my new toy   blinging out my new toy Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:48 am

A standard stand will let you pull the rear wheel .....I'm still using short plank and some house bricks when the side panels have to come off Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: blinging out my new toy   blinging out my new toy Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

blinging out my new toy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: