GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Forged wheel spindle part number.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Forged wheel spindle part number. Empty
PostSubject: Forged wheel spindle part number.   Forged wheel spindle part number. Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:53 am

Spring is here and the sap is rising, time to get the bike ready for the season. Last year I sourced a set of forged wheels to go on my 1200se to allow me to work on the leaking seals. I've finally got round to offering up the forged wheel to see if it's a straight swap and the it seems that the spindle needs to have the shoulder 12mm further out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forged wheel spindle part number.   Forged wheel spindle part number. Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:55 am

My attempt at hosting a photo seems to have failed. I'll try again. In the meantime can any one tell me the model/part number I need to find a spindle that will work with the forged wheels?

Cheers,

Andy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forged wheel spindle part number.   Forged wheel spindle part number. Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[url=https://servimg.com/view/18714397/4]
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Forged wheel spindle part number.   Forged wheel spindle part number. Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:41 am

There are two sizes spindle, from ducati 916-998 and ducati 999  The difference is the shoulder size.
I think you do have the 999 size, and can go with a 916 spindle, they are not expensive new, and might be the same as rusted used ones.

Ducati axles are 25,9 cm long

The older ones ( 916/998) have the 30mm piece 64mm long, the 749/999 have that 30mm piece 57mm long

1) Ducati 999 front spindle/axle: ducati part number 819.1.043.1A
2) Ducati 999 spindle nut: 748.1.014.1A
3) Ducati 999 washer: 8000.70119

I don't have 916 partnumbers, but you'll find out yourself.

999 picture:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl

PostSubject: Re: Forged wheel spindle part number.   Forged wheel spindle part number. Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:15 am

That's great thanks Paul :-)
Back to top Go down
2 geese
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
2 geese

PostSubject: Re: Forged wheel spindle part number.   Forged wheel spindle part number. Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:55 am

Hi
If you are using moto guzzi wheels you need axel and spacer from guzzi with cast wheels.do a search here and you will see
Later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forged wheel spindle part number.   Forged wheel spindle part number. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Forged wheel spindle part number.
Page 1 of 1