12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Throttle Tamer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Davetti
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

PostSubject: Throttle Tamer   Mon 2 Apr - 3:28

Wanted to pass on that I had the desire to experiment with making the GRiSO throttle opening less abrupt.   So, I bought the G2 Throttle Tamer body and installed it last weekend.  Installation was easy enough that included the Domino grips.  After riding yesterday and today, I can attest to fact that the Tamer makes quite a difference, both off idle to fully open.
Glad I went this route since I was convincing myself I needed a tune.   Good, cheap mod that works. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Tamer   Mon 2 Apr - 4:32

Taking the slack out of the throttle cables and mapping it correctly is a better solution. Throttle tamers are crude and inelegant.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Tamer   Mon 2 Apr - 8:03

Throttle correction in the map works wonders, too.

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Tamer   Mon 2 Apr - 8:05

There is a bunch of setting in the map wizardry that allows for this exact thing. Best part is it costs nothing but time and the number of profiles are endless...
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Tamer   Mon 2 Apr - 8:06

G2's are great for efi dirt bikes.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
guzziownr
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Tamer   Mon 2 Apr - 23:23

I put a throttle tamer on each of my three Grisos which were (a) Mapped by Pete/Beetle, (b) Had the cable scrupulously adjusted, and (3) Were valve-and-synch adjusted to a fare thee well.

Not really needed now that I am a rural riding semi-retired country gentleman but when I commuted every day though NYC traffic I appreciated the difference.

Do A, B, and C first...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Tamer   Mon 2 Apr - 23:37

I have horribly fucked up arthritic hands, getting so bad that I’m dreading this winter and am thrilled I’ll be in Canada and the US for most of it! I can assure you that if I thought a Throttle Tamer would help with my precision in fueling up the bike and controlling it I’d be all over one like a rash!

Thing is with proper tune and set-up one is completely unnecessary! Really! Both my GRiSO and my shitbox Stelvio are super easy to control no matter how small the throttle opening or spazzy the operator.

As stated above, by all means use one if it helps but actually getting it mapped and set up right first is really much more critical.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Tamer   Tue 14 Aug - 8:00

I've been experimenting with different throttles since the installation of the 1400. The monstrous torque needs finer control than the 1200 did. To date I've tried a throttle with a smaller cam (Motion Pro) and a one with a larger cam (Sundely).

The Motion Pro smaller cam did help somewhat with low end control, especially around town. Yes, sometimes one needs to ride through a town. However, the actual throtttle is a piece of shit nylon turd. I have flicked it to the shithouse.

The Sundely with the larger cam was terrifying. Want to break the speed limit it in your driveway? Want to launch yourself into the stratosphere? You need millimetre perfect hand control to navigate a street corner without powering into a parked car or the front garden of the house you are facing when the throttle goes from closed to 30% in a fraction of movement.

I've ordered an ODI throttle to try. It has interchangeable cams.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've also been thinking the g2 throttle may be an effective solution. Yes, a girl is allowed to change her mind.

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GHTE
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: Throttle Tamer   Tue 14 Aug - 8:32

Beetle I have a G2 throttle tamer on my Beta 480 bush pig. It has made a real difference in fine control especially on steep rocky descents. The world of EFI is a good thing but one downside can be too rapid a response to small wrist movements.
Another thought is to put on the soft grips that slip over the existing grips and require less hand clenching and pressure.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com

Throttle Tamer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: