GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Repair for CARC housing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
supercoyote
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
supercoyote

Repair for CARC housing Empty
PostSubject: Repair for CARC housing   Repair for CARC housing Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:55 pm

It's always bugged me that my used Greasy was dropped and the CARC logo on the rear bevelbox got messed up. Anyone ever repair theirs with paint or maybe a tidge of bondo? Did it turn out? It's either this or maybe try my hand at making a carbon fibre cover for it to hide the shame
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Repair for CARC housing   Repair for CARC housing Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:33 pm

Go the carbon fibre cover/crash protector.

I'll be your first customer .................... you'll sell shitloads.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Repair for CARC housing   Repair for CARC housing Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:05 am

hammerite smootherite dark grey is a good match, i sanded the bottom of my carc to smooth it off and paint it

If you make a carbon cover i might be your second custermer!
Back to top Go down
whitmire
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
whitmire

PostSubject: Re: Repair for CARC housing   Repair for CARC housing Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:22 am

Damaged mine myself,logo area only,soon after receiving the GRiSO.Have been thinking about machining a small cover/cap/button from aluminum to epoxy over shame.I might be customer #3.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Repair for CARC housing   Repair for CARC housing Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:15 am

So what we would like is something like this, which is nice but expensive

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Replaced with a cheaper carbon fibre version :-)
Back to top Go down
supercoyote
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
supercoyote

PostSubject: Re: Repair for CARC housing   Repair for CARC housing Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:20 am

That's exactly what I had in mind, but less surface area. It seems that if you went down, the only thing that's going to contact would be the CARC logo, unless you go down in a pile of rocks then all bets are off. I'll have to check out the Hammerrite paint, thanks. If I end up making a cover i'll make sure to keep the mold handy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repair for CARC housing   Repair for CARC housing Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Repair for CARC housing
Page 1 of 1